Charlottetown, P.E.I. from 7 a - 11 p

FLgemini

We’ll be in Charlottetown on Monday, October 15, 2018 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (assuming local time). It perplexes me as to why the long stop of 16 hours. We’ll rent a car to see parts of the island and that will take time with plenty of leftover hours to relax onboard and enjoy the ship while in port.

Am I missing something unique to the island or town that takes place in the evening? A Monday in mid-October when some things are closed feels like a long time to be hanging around. Or does this have to do with tides or timing to our next port which will be Baie-Comeau, Quebec two days later for 9 a.m arrival? Just curious.

Yes, Seabourn Quest. But cruise docs and website say 11 p.m. departure. Looking at the ship’s excursions, the latest one gets back at 4 p.m. Maybe at one time Seabourn thought they would leave at 5 p.m., but something changed. No biggie.

If one wanted to be ashore in Charlottetown on a Monday night, what would there be to do?

Edited by FLgemini

October is long past tourist season in PEI but the scenery will be gorgeous. The leaves should still be colourful. Perhaps post on the PEI Trip Advisor forum to see some suggestions. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g155022-i619-Prince_Edward_Island.html

For sure I would recommend renting a car and driving around. Here is a document, a bit out of date, but still useful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17qSn5ImpF6Q0vxzFPqKmx5zSOu-EkViKcYUPgCsiEzE/edit