Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

Great news - glad we could help with an alternate option for you

Get in quick and apply for the Pre existing conditions cover before you buy the tour - just to be on the safe side

Yes I plan to do that. If declined then I will just buy a Insure & Go policy for DH for this trip and worry about what to do going forward for the next trips.

Thanks everyone

Just got a SMS from ANZ the CC has been approved whoo hoo!! Welcome kit & pin to arrive in 3-5 days. That was quicker than they told me. Very happy. Now hopefully it will give me time to request PE and purchase a tour to activate cover for us. All being well.......stay tuned

Fantastic news. Were you able to get a copy of the PDS?

The branch could only give me a copy of the paid ANZ travel insurance insurance book. I’m not sure if it is the same.

Edit

The bank ended up emailing me a copy but I’d prefer a hard copy. 84 pages is a bit too much to print.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by cruisine21

Just got a SMS from ANZ the CC has been approved whoo hoo!! Welcome kit & pin to arrive in 3-5 days. That was quicker than they told me. Very happy. Now hopefully it will give me time to request PE and purchase a tour to activate cover for us. All being well.......stay tuned

Good job.:D

The branch could only give me a copy of the paid ANZ travel insurance insurance book. I’m not sure if it is the same.

Edit

The bank ended up emailing me a copy but I’d prefer a hard copy. 84 pages is a bit too much to print.

Thanks, No only a electronic copy. Not sure the branch has one but will go back and check.

We have had the same problem with Westpac’s new underwriter. What stinks is I then rang Allianz and they will cover my husbands pre existing but we have to pay full price.

We’re also going to look at alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ANZ & NAB are still using QBE as their underwriters. Looks like Westpac may be losing some customers. Lets hope no changes to ANZ & NAB.

I hope they don't change like Westpac did, but if there is a profit in it you know they will.

Yes, possibly but I hope not - sadly us "od crocs" with pre existing conditions aren't going to be a major group of customers for them to worry about keeping happy

It is interesting how Allianz seems to be pushing those who apply for pre existing condition cover to their full policies - no doubt with premiums loaded up to cover the additional risk of pre existing conditions

Edit

No it is not the same. Branches no longer have the PDS booklet. Have to get email copy and print it if you want hard copy..

I know this as I work in an ANZ branch

Cheers

Tanya

You need to activate the Insurance by spending $250.00 on the card. This needs to appear on your statement before you leave the country.. You will need to take a copy of your credit card statement with you showing this, in case you need to claim. They also want to know that the credit card account is still opened, so make sure you register for Internet banking so you can print out statement if needed while you are away. I also call QBE to get a letter of eligibility emailed to me

Tanya

No it is not the same. Branches no longer have the PDS booklet. Have to get email copy and print it if you want hard copy..

Cheers

Tanya

Thanks. They have emailed me a copy. I think my printer would run out of ink if I printed 87 pages.

Yes, possibly but I hope not - sadly us "od crocs" with pre existing conditions aren't going to be a major group of customers for them to worry about keeping happy

It is interesting how Allianz seems to be pushing those who apply for pre existing condition cover to their full policies - no doubt with premiums loaded up to cover the additional risk of pre existing conditions

Well they are a business that likes breaking the previous year's record profit.:(

That's risk assessment - and each insurer makes their own assessment about what they'll cover and the cost of it.

It's the same principle with a bookmaker. Same race, same horse, but different bookmakers make a similar call on risk and hence give different odds. Since nobody can predict the future it'd be a bit odd if everyone's call was the same!

Maybe, maybe not, but there are good reasons that insurance options vary, since nobody knows the future.

And just like people, they don't want to run at a loss, so want to price high enough to cover that cost - but then price too high and customers will go elsewhere. So each try to find a balance that gets customers while not making a loss.

Cheers

Tanya

If the local ANZ Branches don't stock the book, which is called 'Premium Cards - Insurances.' - Insurance Policy Information.' (Mine is dated 29 June 2016) then perhaps ring ANZ head office. I also apply for a 'letter of eligibility.' As Tanya - stki mentioned in her post.

Glad you had it sorted first.

Not yet. My post was referring to Cruisine21 post about QBE. Until I get the cards from ANZ I can't do the PE. I was just saying that I had no problem with any of the Ins co. if I went direct.

Hopefully get the cards on Monday.

Not yet. My post was referring to Cruisine21 post about QBE. Until I get the cards from ANZ I can't do the PE. I was just saying that I had no problem with any of the Ins co. if I went direct.

Hopefully get the cards on Monday.

if you get the CC from ANZ what do they charge per year for the card