Cellar Masters

joeysmom220

Anyone know if the wine dispensers at Cellar Masters are included somewhere in the premium drink package? If I remember there are many interesting wines that at a one or two ounce pour would fall under the $12 limit.

Sue

Just to clarify, even though the drink packages don't cover the wine dispensers, I think I read somewhere that there is a decent selection of wines by the glass at Cellar Masters, and those are covered by the drink plans (subject to the various dollar limits)? Is this true?

Just to clarify, even though the drink packages don't cover the wine dispensers, I think I read somewhere that there is a decent selection of wines by the glass at Cellar Masters, and those are covered by the drink plans (subject to the various dollar limits)? Is this true?

Yes this is true.

Yes it is, but the service was lacking last Nov on the Reflection, as the Som was more interested in selling bottles and cards for the machines. The room and concept is very nice, taking out the machines and moving the craft beer's from Michaels will be a good improvement.

We spent a considerable bit of time in CellarMasters (the Matua Pinot Noir is lovely). The Master asked us on the first night if we wanted a card for the dispensers, we declined & she said what may I pour for you. Never asked us again & greeted us pleasantly every evening. The dispensers are not covered by even the premium packages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, but they do a really really hard up sell when you walk in the door!:rolleyes:

It is in the works to remove them from all the ships this year tho.

We were on Millennium for 14 nights over Christmas/New Year 2012/13 and I don't think I ever saw anyone using the dispensers in Cellar Masters over the course of the cruise.

We cruised four weeks in SI in Nov/Dec and four weeks in EC Jan/Feb and the wine machines were not operational. I got the feeling that they were being phase out. As Michael's Club becomes a dedicated Zenith and top suites lounge the I have read that the Craft Beers will be moved to Cellar Master and it will take on more of a Pub feel. ~ Rick

Last time on Celebrity I saw them but never tried any - but thought the selection was good - and too pricey. Never saw anyone using them. They do have some nice by the glass on their menus - the reason we upgraded to premium - to add variety! Would have been nice to try a few....

Sue

we sailed on the 2/8/14 reflection sailing. Cellar masters was our favorite spot for a before and after glass of wine. A lot of folks do not want to spend extra for the machines because they have the package. We had the upgraded package and still used the machines quite often. We really enjoy good wine and have an extensive cellar at home. The enomatic system allows you to sample wines you would never get a chance to including opus 1, cay us, far niente etc. You can get 1oz, 3 oz or 5 oz, all with different price points. It is not for everyone, but we enjoyed it immensely. As we spent a lot of time in there, a lot of people actually use the venue to meet before dinner, including all of the officers.

If you buy 100.00, they give you 120.00 on the card. This covers the 15.00 gratuity plus 5.00. The sommeliers explained things very well to folks that would come in, but by no means were pushy..we ordered off of the wine list in there every night. We enjoy the foley Pinot noir, so we would pay the 4.00 difference from the drink package limit. This is also a 24 hour bar, as you can dispense wine from the machines anytime you want.

Again, not for everybody, but I believe it is a money maker for celebrity, and would expect to see it remain. Just my opinion.

Cheers...

The machines cost a lot to maintain and are not as money maker, so they are being phased out. On Eclipse they are already out of service, as a previous poster noted

We were on Eclipse last July and loved Cellar Masters as a relaxing place to sit and enjoy a drink. Never saw anyone use the machines. I appreciate its a great way to try different wines but wine from a machine doesnt appeal to me as much as being served a nice glass of wine. We didnt use them and as there was only one server ever on duty it took a while to get a drink. She had to go outside the bar but not sure where she went to get the drinks?

I agree the move to making craft beers available here may make it more popular. Why not go the whole hog and introduce a bar, with a choice of draft beers, and small plates like Tapas as has been suggested by Andy on another thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It seems that they may be trying to make it closer to Vintages on RCCL. The machines are wrapped around a full service bar. But the focus is wine. The machines can be used with your Sea Pass card there. The wifester bought one for the house!:D

image.jpg.544579be3a190b178067d0c8bbe0521c.jpg