Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

It’ll be interesting to see if this is the first step to addressing this big customer complaint (smoke in 6-7-8 corridor). Keep in mind, the Breakaway is heading into drydock in a few months. I think it makes perfect sense that this is part of the “refresh” of BA/BA+ ships.

I can't believe it has taken this long to figure that out.

Wyland making his mark...

62529f1b0ea4cd8cce0da93656bb34a3.jpg

So did Wyland just put the finishing touches on the hull? Obviously a lot of it was painted before he got there. I was under the impression that Guy Harvey did the painting on the Escape himself but maybe I was just mesmerized by the 24/7 Guy Harvey channel on that ship while I was on it.

Imagine... the NEW smell lofting up through 6-7-8 Oceanplace, the smell that’ll hit you as soon as you board... will be CREPES! I’m hoping we can all agree that’s pretty spectacular.

71ec15680b348438503bdc9aeaafd0fd.jpg

2fb123ec3308018d03fd9386f20fa7e4.jpg

Aw, does this mean the crepes are coming off the buffet and going "pay for play"? If so I suppose that means the other ships will follow suit. :/

I was under the impression that Guy Harvey did the painting on the Escape himself but maybe I was just mesmerized by the 24/7 Guy Harvey channel on that ship while I was on it.

I just lol’d. That freakin’ Guy Harvey channel was on non-stop loop because a child in our room was obsessing over it.

Somewhere today I read that the Bliss hull art was done with laser projections... and that any kindergartener could do it (paint by numbers). I think Wyland’s “touch” was rather ceremonial.

Bliss showing up at the Eemshaven (NL) port info for the 12th of March:

Status Date time Vessel Flag Berth

ETA 12-03-2018 11:59 NORWEGIAN BLISS BS EEM-JH Wagenborg

After the Ems conveyance and a probably a few days at Bremerhaven (Germany) Bliss will head for the Eemshaven (The Netherlands) for taking on supplies and sea trials. After that she will return to Bremerhaven to take on her industry passengers for the mini cruise to Southampton.

The official handover from Meyer to NCL will also take place at Bremerhaven. Up to that moment the ship is Meyer's and there is a Meyer Werft captain in command with the NCL officers at his side. :)

I just lol’d. That freakin’ Guy Harvey channel was on non-stop loop because a child in our room was obsessing over it.

Same here! And I can't even blame my kids because I was guilty too. Those time lapse videos of him doing a painting from start to finish hooked me in every time.

Could be! But you can still get burgers at the buffet, even after Margaritaville appeared.

You're talking to someone whose first complimentary meal on a cruise ship was Flamingo Grill (which I LOVED), only to see that get demolished in a few short years to become a pay venue. :)

You're talking to someone whose first complimentary meal on a cruise ship was Flamingo Grill (which I LOVED), only to see that get demolished in a few short years to become a pay venue. :)

I still miss uptown. :(

Did that venue swap-out impact availability of items anywhere else? I can still get the same old nachos at O’Shes and burgers in multiple spots. Regardless... we may see several surprises with the Garden Cafe. It’s taking on a whole new footprint, and that back corner where the crepes used to hang out is now overlooking the observation lounge.

Somewhere today I read that the Bliss hull art was done with laser projections... and that any kindergartener could do it (paint by numbers). I think Wyland’s “touch” was rather ceremonial.

But for something that size it would have to be projected and coloured in ..however it still looks great .....let us not forget the original must be quite something on paper

I would love to see that one

But those whales in New York or anywhere away fom Arctic might look a tad out of place ...no?esp since Bliss will not stay in Alaska

I wonder if Encore will have. More Caribbean flavor with flowers and stuff ...anybody know what routes it will do?

Bliss showing up at the Eemshaven (NL) port info for the 12th of March:

Status Date time Vessel Flag Berth

ETA 12-03-2018 11:59 NORWEGIAN BLISS BS EEM-JH Wagenborg

After the Ems conveyance and a probably a few days at Bremerhaven (Germany) Bliss will head for the Eemshaven (The Netherlands) for taking on supplies and sea trials. After that she will return to Bremerhaven to take on her industry passengers for the mini cruise to Southampton.

The official handover from Meyer to NCL will also take place at Bremerhaven. Up to that moment the ship is Meyer's and there is a Meyer Werft captain in command with the NCL officers at his side. :)

The hand over will be in April (April 18th to be correct).

The float out is supposed to be on Feb 18th.

River conveyance March 11th (depending on weather).

steamboats

The hand over will be in April (April 18th to be correct).

The float out is supposed to be on Feb 18th.

River conveyance March 11th (depending on weather).

steamboats

Am I the only one who finds the dates very tight ...we aregetting on 21 ...hope all will be ship shape by the time we get there

Looking forward to seeing it sail in in Southampton ....anyone know what time ?i.d like to be there

... those whales in New York or anywhere away fom Arctic might look a tad out of place ...no?

Humpbacks aren't just in Alaska. They do migrate to warm waters in the winter to have their young, so you can see them in the places the Bliss will be sailing, even the Atlantic coast, and Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why do you think it´s tight?

They have more than a month for sea trials and loading. That´s the time period they usually have for this.

After the hand over there´s the pre inaugural from Bremerhaven to Southampton, April 19th-21st.

steamboats

Humpbacks aren't just in Alaska. They do migrate to warm waters in the winter to have their young, so you can see them in the places the Bliss will be sailing, even the Atlantic coast, and Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I love whale watching! I have been on whale watching tours in Boston, Bar Harbor, and Dominica, so the Bliss shouldn't be too out of place. Those were all humpback whales, but my favorite place to see them is in Lahaina , Maui.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Whoah, it's a different color scheme than I expected inside (maybe not done yet?), but actually, it seems more fitting. I mean, if the main base is Alaska, I guess it makes more sense to have those blues and purples instead of tropical parrot type colors I was picturing in my head. Very modern looking. Absolutely beautiful.

Bliss shore excursions open. At least on my Sept 8, 2018 sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not yet for my Sept. 30, but I was able to get an idea of what might be offered on by searching each port on the general excursions page.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not yet for my Sept. 30, but I was able to get an idea of what might be offered on by searching each port on the general excursions page.

I contacted my PCC about Juneau since they show port time of 7 am to 1:30 but excursions showing times after 2:30 which was original port time. I will post any news. Check September 8, 2018 forum for my original post.