Our second seabourn Cruise. A few observations

bitob

Our first cruise was Christmas 2016 on the odyssey. It was mediocre at best. Food and service were below par. The sb regulars on board that cruise were not happy.

We are back on seabourn on the quest en route to Antarctica. This is of course a special cruise so perhaps comparisons are inappropriate but I will try

Service way better. Excellent in all respects

Food very good. A few low spots but generally very good. There have been many complaints about the food in the tk grill being tasteless so we cancelled our reservation. Not important to us

Seabourn square is as wonderful as before and Julio the barista is a gem

Trivia is great fun

I still dislike the cabins. We are in a v5 on deck 6. Bathroom door and front door collide. You have to bang the cabinet doors to open and close. There is no space between the bed and the cabinets and the tv is poorly placed. The bathroom space however is excellent. We do miss having a butler

Jan the cd is terrific. She was born to do the job.

Our first landing tomorrow. Very exciting

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks bitbob

I appreciate your report. We're on our first Seabourn cruise in July and I value the info and opinions we get on cruise critic. I hope you don't feel deterred from giving your view of the good and bad, despite worthless criticisms from trolls. I'm confident many, who also value CC, agree with me.

Tony

Too bad you let others persuade you to drop the TK reservation. Why not decide for yourself afterwards about the food? Anyway, I am sure your space was snapped up once it was freed up.

About the bathroom door, closing it all the way or even partly works with regards to the suite door.

We are on Sojourn in Cape Town now.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Don't let Mr. Luxury get to you. He really should be Mr. Critic. Not much positive comes from him.

The Quest staff is now operating like a well-oiled machine. Much better than when we were on it seven months ago.

I'm surprised that you got comments that TK was bland. My impression of TK food is that it is overly-salted and -buttered.

Hope your landings are successful!

On these boards you learn quickly which posters to ignore. Lol

Lots of disappointment with tk among those to whom I spoke. We are happy in the restaurant or with room service. Caviar daily is not so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I know. Going to Antarctica without a butler is so . . . difficult. All those layers to help you in and out of and then tidy away in those mean little closets. :rolleyes:

The butler could also go to the gym for me [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums