Smoothies/Mocktails

karatemom2

On our Princess cruises our kids enjoy something you can purchase called the Ultimate Kids Program which allows for unlimited mocktails, smoothies and milkshakes in addition to sodas. Does Carnival offer a similar program? In searching the board I have only found references to the unlimited soda/juice card. If not, can you purchase mocktails and milkshakes? We are going to be on the Spirit in a few weeks and excited kids are asking what to expect since we are not very familiar with Carnival.

On our Princess cruises our kids enjoy something you can purchase called the Ultimate Kids Program which allows for unlimited mocktails, smoothies and milkshakes in addition to sodas. Does Carnival offer a similar program? In searching the board I have only found references to the unlimited soda/juice card. If not, can you purchase mocktails and milkshakes? We are going to be on the Spirit in a few weeks and excited kids are asking what to expect since we are not very familiar with Carnival.

Not that I know of.. but you can purchase mocktails and smoothies.. see below...

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

• 5 years later...

Sorry to say there is nothing like that on Carnival as a package. BUT the Bottomless Bubbles does cover juice and soda mocktails even if some basic mixers need to be added. Frozen 0 proof daiquiris, smoothies (made with certain frozen mixes not fresh fruit), and milkshakes would have to be purchased individually and range in price from $5.75 to $6.50.

Anyone have the Mocktail Menu list from Carnival Sunshine?

Beyond the frozen 0 proof daiquiris, smoothies, and milkshakes there is no "official" mocktail menu. As long as a bartender has the ingredients to make the mocktail they will do so, just be warned most (unless dealing with a an Alchemy Bar Mixologist) beyond a Shirley Temple and Roy Roger you might have to walk the bartender through the recipe.

Some of my favorites are:

Virgin Sunrise = orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices mixed with sprite and splash of grenadine.

Virgin Bellini = peach or mango mix (not put through the blender) with ginger ale and a bit of agave syrup

Afterglow = orange and pineapple juice with a heavy dose of grenadine syrup

Virgin Mimosa = orange juice and ginger ale or sprite

Cranberry Kiss = club soda or seltzer with cranberry juice, ginger ale or sprite may also be used

Cinderella = ginger ale w/ orange and pineapple juices and fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup or agave syrup may also be added

My kids love this program on Princess as well and I would love to see Carnival implement it!

I think the biggest difference you will see between Carnival is a slight "class" difference in the clientele. Most who cruise Carnival are just everyday people. But I also have found that they are more likely to have the class of people that would say wear bedroom slippers and PJ pants to Walmart...I have never run into inappropriately dressed or overly drunk passengers on Princess - I have on Carnival.

Carnival is the FUN ship and you will have tons of fun - just "too much fun" isn't always appropriate for the eyes of young ones!