Wine question that has probably been answered but...

Coolauntangie

I tried to find the answer before I asked but I can’t seem to so I am asking al, of you because I have never been steered wrong.

My mom would rather bring the 4pack of small wine bottles instead of a regular bottle. If they add up to less than 750 ml can she bring those?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the small bottles come with a screw top - and I'd imagine they would not be allowed since no other screw top small bottles (like water or sodas) are allowed. The point is to stop folks from sneaking hard alcohol on board in those small bottles.:bottle-pop::bottle-pop:

Someone on my last cruise told me she always brought the small ones and hid them in her shoes in her checked luggage and never had a problem. Of course you could argue it is against the rules. You can't get a large bottle of wine in a those small fridges.

the small bottles come with a screw top - and I'd imagine they would not be allowed since no other screw top small bottles (like water or sodas) are allowed. The point is to stop folks from sneaking hard alcohol on board in those small bottles.:bottle-pop::bottle-pop:

Many top quality wines now come with screw tops, so your information is incorrect.

Security might be able to discern if a screw top bottle of wine is still intact.

Many top quality wines now come with screw tops, so your information is incorrect.

Security might be able to discern if a screw top bottle of wine is still intact.

Any vintner or sommelier worth their weight will tell you that a wine bottled/sealed with a screw top is automatically disqualified from being considered “top quality”.

This question isn't about wine but salad dressing. I have allergies that prevent me from using ANY regular salad dressing. I can use one that is organic and in a glass bottle that I buy locally.

Do you think that they would allow me to bring my own salad dressing "in a bottle"? It even has the plastic wrap around the twist off cap.

This question isn't about wine but salad dressing. I have allergies that prevent me from using ANY regular salad dressing. I can use one that is organic and in a glass bottle that I buy locally.

Do you think that they would allow me to bring my own salad dressing "in a bottle"? It even has the plastic wrap around the twist off cap.

I would contact the Special Needs department and get permission to bring it. Have them send you an email and bring it with you. Good luck!

Any vintner or sommelier worth their weight will tell you that a wine bottled/sealed with a screw top is automatically disqualified from being considered “top quality”.

Wrong.

Bring a wine saver so it doesn't go off if she's not expecting to drink the entire bottle in one go.

I take Bare Foot or the Yellow Bird wine with the screw top bottles. Never had a problem. If this is something new please tell me. We leave on Sunday from Baltimore and I know they are very strict there. Doing a 2 week Journeys cruise and STILL only allowed one bottle/pp and don't want to give that up! TIA

I take Bare Foot or the Yellow Bird wine with the screw top bottles. Never had a problem. If this is something new please tell me. We leave on Sunday from Baltimore and I know they are very strict there. Doing a 2 week Journeys cruise and STILL only allowed one bottle/pp and don't want to give that up! TIA

Do whatever you want ... it's your cruise not mine.

I'd imagine they don't quibble too much or examine closely what kind of top the 750ml bottles of wine have.

It was merely my intent to tell why Carnival resorted to the "no bottles" policy. We each bring a 750ml corked bottle with an original label that says "wine" and don't give it another thought as it complies with the stated policy.

Do whatever you want ... it's your cruise not mine.

I'd imagine they don't quibble too much or examine closely what kind of top the 750ml bottles of wine have.

It was merely my intent to tell why Carnival resorted to the "no bottles" policy. We each bring a 750ml corked bottle with an original label that says "wine" and don't give it another thought as it complies with the stated policy.

The "no bottles" policy is most likely because of people who smuggled alcohol in water and soda bottles.

No where in Carnival's policy does it state that wine must have a cork.

From the Carnival website: Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.