Online check in - choosing “arrival time”

stacystacy

I don’t remember choosing an “arrival time” on the online check-in last time I went on NCL. What is the point of this? What time should I pick? I’m not a platinum member or anything, only been on a few cruises.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t remember choosing an “arrival time” on the online check-in last time I went on NCL. What is the point of this? What time should I pick? I’m not a platinum member or anything, only been on a few cruises.

They're hoping to stagger arrival times so there aren't hordes at one time. However, in actuality regardless of whatever time you choose, you can check in anytime.

I don’t remember choosing an “arrival time” on the online check-in last time I went on NCL. What is the point of this? What time should I pick? I’m not a platinum member or anything, only been on a few cruises. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated! :) Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They ask you to pick a time to arrive at the port for selected cruises. Pick what time you want to arrive at the port. This spaces out check-ins to minimize the lines and wait times. Right now (could change in the future) the times are recommended and not enforced.

I'm going on the Escape in April and chose an arrival time online when registering for the edocs. When I printed those out, there was info included in it that said those who arrive prior to selected times would be turned back to arrive during the time stated (30 minute windows). I chose 10 - 10:30 thinking the crowd disembarking might have thinned out by then and we will just be standing around waiting to board anyway, as boarding is stated as "noon".