How long is the boat road to Caye Caulker?

Jenny in TX

We will be on the Carnival Vista in October and are looking at doing the trip to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze tours. How long is the boat road over to the island from the port? Just trying to figure out how much time we will actually have on Caye Caulker.

Thank you!

The water taxi/ boat ride is about 45 minutes, coming and going.

Your primary concern should be the schedule for your return. The schedule is in Belize time and Carnival observes ship time based on home port. If these two are different you need to remain on ship time and take an earlier water taxi back to port. For example if your ship is on Eastern time and the last tender leaves the tender pier at 4:30P, you need to catch the 1:30P water taxi.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

Thank you for the info! I'm looking at booking it through Coral Breeze instead of doing the water taxi. Just wondering how long the boat ride is as we will have my in laws with us. Thinking of just riding over and having lunch on the beach at Chef Kareem's and then finding somewhere to have a few drinks while enjoying the view and then heading back.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

We are going on the Vista Nov 11th.  What did you end doing in Belize? 

We booked the excursion with Coral Breeze Tours and did the Shark/Stingray snorkeling tour that went to Caye Caulker.  I did a full review of it in the Belize port of call group.  It was wonderful and we will definitely book with them again!

4 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We booked the excursion with Coral Breeze Tours and did the Shark/Stingray snorkeling tour that went to Caye Caulker.  I did a full review of it in the Belize port of call group.  It was wonderful and we will definitely book with them again!

Can you send the link for full review in Belize port of call group.  I would love to read that never been to the mainland but will be there in one month.  Very interested in Coral Breeze.

2 hours ago, carribbeanmic said:

Can you send the link for full review in Belize port of call group.  I would love to read that never been to the mainland but will be there in one month.  Very interested in Coral Breeze.

Hopefully this works.

• 1 month later...

We used CB for their snorkeling plus island tour and had a nice time. Their timeline on the website is pretty accurate. Im considering just using them for the ride to Caye Caulker in February . You wind up spending the same amount of time out (snorkeling/island time total) whether you use them or go OYO with the water taxi. The difference for me is certainty of schedule. Run a little overdue and the water taxi waits for no man. Because they have a limited schedule there just isn't an ideal time to ferry back with time to spare. Its either 1, 3 or 5 and with an all aboard time of 4pm you feel forced into the 1pm ferry =(  That's why it was worth it to us to pay CB for island only rather than save money by taking the water taxi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:42 AM, Jenny in TX said:

We leave for a cruise on the Freedom on Saturday and are planning on using Coral Breeze again, but this time just for the ride to Caye Caulker.  We are going to have them drop us off and just explore the island on our own.

I've been there twice using the water taxi.  It IS the most tropical place with NO, I mean NO commercialized anything.  It's post card like and we loved it there.  Enjoy every minute.  If you choose to do the water taxi please watch the time as someone else suggested.  Island time and ship time are not the same.  

• Like 1