I am Currently on Oasis & man the ice box is small & Not Cold at all, resorting to ic

I am on Oasis currently & the cold box is so small It can't fit the ice bucket, which I have done in the past to cool the box down with great success, and adding some beer, wine & snacks! I am using my zip lock bags & filling them with ice, and trying to cool it down with extremely low luck success; might I add! I might suggest to everyone pack extra zip log bags! This stinks! Maybe when Oasis goes into dry dock they'll change them out for much current functioning ice boxes! One can only hope! This in Royal is the worst I have experienced!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

I am on Oasis currently & the cold box is so small It can't fit the ice bucket, which I have done in the past to cool the box down with great success, and adding some beer, wine & snacks! I am using my zip lock bags & filling them with ice, and trying to cool it down with extremely low luck success; might I add! I might suggest to everyone pack extra zip log bags! This stinks! Maybe when Oasis goes into dry dock they'll change them out for much current functioning ice boxes! One can only hope! This in Royal is the worst I have experienced!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Find the white ice bucket from pool bar vs the acrylic one from room service. Its smaller

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd be more inclined to pay $2.25 for a can of coke in the cooler than a warm one on the top of the desk

Agree, can't stand warm can pop. But at least 20-30 yrs ago before ships had these minibars every room had ice bucket filled 4 times a day to cool the soda. My Wifes(ex) favorite was Fresh Fruit in every room and nightly turn down service with mint on her pillow. I miss the free soda with every meal. Doing the B2B Panama Canal on Jewel and it's $380 just for my soda package. But most of all miss the Skeet Shooting and Golfing off the back of Sovereign and Majesty. As ship was moving 18knots, hitting off the back ship my golf ball got more distance then ever did before. Bet my ball going over 800 yards...

Those "refrigerators" are not ice boxes. They are meant to keep medicines cool. We carry a collapsible cooler and the room steward fills the soft sided cooler twice a day for us.

I don't think they are meant for medicines. If you need to keep your meds cool , ask for a fridge from special needs

Those "refrigerators" are not ice boxes. They are meant to keep medicines cool. We carry a collapsible cooler and the room steward fills the soft sided cooler twice a day for us.

The coolers on the older ships will definitely not keep any type of medicine cool. We have found that the coolers on the newer ships (Quantum and beyond) have coolers that keep things much colder.

You can try and ask for one through special needs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you contact special needs they will send you a desk top Medical Refrigerator that will keep insulin and medicine at the correct temperature. They do not provide anything larger than that.

Agree, can't stand warm can pop. But at least 20-30 yrs ago before ships had these minibars every room had ice bucket filled 4 times a day to cool the soda. My Wifes(ex) favorite was Fresh Fruit in every room and nightly turn down service with mint on her pillow. I miss the free soda with every meal. Doing the B2B Panama Canal on Jewel and it's $380 just for my soda package. But most of all miss the Skeet Shooting and Golfing off the back of Sovereign and Majesty. As ship was moving 18knots, hitting off the back ship my golf ball got more distance then ever did before. Bet my ball going over 800 yards...

I remember all those things too. However. Ice is still available at least twice daily. Ask your room steward. Nightly turn down is still the same except for the chocolate. Loved the chocolate but I also realize that cost savings are necessary.

As far as free soda, I don’t drink soda so again it’s a cost savings measure. You must be taking a very long cruise for the soda package to cost $380 - it’s $8.50 per day for the soda package.

I remember all those things too. However. Ice is still available at least twice daily. Ask your room steward. Nightly turn down is still the same except for the chocolate. Loved the chocolate but I also realize that cost savings are necessary.

As far as free soda, I don’t drink soda so again it’s a cost savings measure. You must be taking a very long cruise for the soda package to cost $380 - it’s $8.50 per day for the soda package.

32 nights total.

Same here, my trusty Dollar General cooler. It holds twice the ice and doesn't sweat.