LIVE! The Royal Princess! THE BRITISH ISLES w/ SUNGIRL 29 Aug-10 Sept WELCOME ABOARD!

KCSungirl

Thanks for sharing, love the itinerary and your detailed blog. Safe trip back and looking forward to the next adventure. I am intrigued by the solo travel you do. I would like to try that, though DH May think I have run off with another guy. But it does sound appealing. How did PC handle your first solo trip? Suggestions?

Depending on the time you left, I may have seen your coach leaving. I walked down from the Holiday Inn to get a closer look at our ship. It's about a half a mile to the pier. I was wearing a red shirt and red baseball cap.

Have a great trip home.

Now you are home and catching up I hope. Just found all your postings somehow thur Jennie. The Facebook was good and made your posting here more understandable. In fact a few of my comments on Facebook I read here in your postings. Did you do these postings as you posted Facebook also?? It is a vacation or are you publishing a tour book? It kept me occupied during such hot humid days in the East coast.

Day 13 - disembarkation

Disembarkation was amazingly easy considering the number of people they have to move. I made life easy and booked the $59/pp Princess transfer. It was a full 2 hr ride to the airport. It took 30 minutes just to get to terminal 2 upon entering the airport. Traffic was crazy. It was a Monday morning, not that there isn’t constant traffic.

APB - you need to have a lot of time for check-in in London. You can’t leave too early from the ship. I had three hours and felt rushed. London Heathrow is my dream airport. I could just live there and watch planes come and go all day from all over the world. However, that comes with a huge amount of crazy- lines, people, etc. I am so spoiled with travel because of my status, I don’t stand in line too often. The TSA security line was a gift from God. A breeze. The shopping at the airport is unbelievable, along with food choices. I hit the jackpot and found a pastel de nata. That trumps a donut and cannoli. If you haven’t had one, go to Portugal.

The hard part starts with a 30 minute walk to the gate. I swear I don’t know how people with any walking difficulty can do this. I am speaking about United Airlines only, so I am not sure about other Airlines. If you want to shop, you MUST shop before you head on to gate. It’s way too far to go back. The United Polaris Clubs are quite nice. I had something so exciting happen in the Polaris Club bathroom. A women said to me “Are you Fungirl?” That’s my FB Page. It made my day that someone knew me! I am destined for the cover of People Magazine. ;)

The flight was 10 hours to Houston. Slower than normal. Home in KC on time. No place like home.

PC loved the Royal class ship. Especially the hand washing stations at the buffet. I don’t know how long it will take for him to recover from the fun and games.

JoyRoy218- PC loves the fact that I have the confidence and ability to get myself around the world. He supports and encourages anything I want to do. I would do the same for him. He is happy for me to go and even happier I don’t make him go. He does not have the level of wanderlust as I do. He is also quite secure with me hanging out with men. I just remind him to get the girls out before I get home.

Brown blonde- I just wander around the world for fun on a regular basis. No book deal. Wish I had more ambition. I only post on CC when I cruise, which is probably half of my travel.

So I am off again. A 7 day turn. That was fast! We are going on vacayshun. Come with me on my FB Page. Won’t be near as interesting though, especially if you like international ports.

See you soon! :hearteyes:

APB - you need to have a lot of time for check-in in London. You can’t leave too early from the ship. I had three hours and felt rushed. London Heathrow is my dream airport. I could just live there and watch planes come and go all day from all over the world. However, that comes with a huge amount of crazy- lines, people, etc. I am so spoiled with travel because of my status, I don’t stand in line too often. The TSA security line was a gift from God. A breeze.

Are you saying that Heathrow has a line for those with USA Global Entry or Precheck status?

Caribill- I am speaking to Terminal 2 only. Not sure about other terminals. It has a separate expedited security for Premium classes or if you have status with an airline. I wasn’t clear if I was eligible because of my known traveler number or my status. It’s called Fast Track. I was reading it’s available upon arrival also. The immigration wait times can be very long.

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/terminal-facilities-and-services/fast-track/airline-eligibility

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 5:39 PM, KCSungirl said:

"I am down to my last 3 pounds. I order currency from Bank of America before I leave home. I got 300 Euro and 300 pounds. It was perfect. I never had to pay any ATM transaction fees. I am good with cash and cards these days. Hunting down an ATM seems like a hassle. I take currency home if I have any left. I can use it next time. You need cash for tips, snacks, drinks, small souvenirs, etc."

What currency did you use in Dublin and Cobh .   I believe you can use ERO in Belfast? 

Dublin and Cobh (Cork) use Euros (you'll need Euros if you shop in LeHarve, France as well).  Northern Ireland (Belfast) uses pounds since they are part of Great Britain although their pounds are Irish pounds, just like Scotland has Scottish pounds but they are interchangeable in most cases. I never had any trouble using British pounds in Scotland but I did receive Scottish banknotes back as change.

Edited by Diver2014