Are the upcharge restaurants on the Crown worth it?

FSU Girl

Crown Princess has Salty Dog Gastropub, Sabatini's (not Sabatini's Trattoria) and Crown Grill.

Links to menus (with cover charge listed) for all three are on this page:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

Crown Grill and Sabatini's can be prebooked through the Cruise Personalizer but must be prepaid, so if you want to use OBC you have to wait until onboard to make reservations.

Chef's Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining are also available on Crown. You won't see advance menus as they are more or less "chef's choice".

Are they "worth it?" It depends on how much you value a night away from the MDR (or buffet if that is your normal dinner preference) as a change of pace with (hopefully) both a quieter atmosphere and more attentive service. Everyone's opinion as to whether the food itself is ##-dollars better than the plethora of no-charge options will likely be different than yours.

Are the upcharge restaurants on the Crown worth it? Can these be booked online before the cruise? Looking at Princess's website most the the restaurants don't have a menu listed or how much the price is. Is there somewhere with this information?

Crown Grill and Sabatini's (and Share for that matter, although not on Crown), Salty Dog , definitely have menus at the website. Along wirh cost (listed in website, and also listed in your cruise personalizer).

Here you go - links to the specialty restaurant menus, costs, etc... https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

Worth is in the eye of the beholder. Some people eat in specialty restaurants every night, some once a cruise, some never do, etc.

Only you know what's worth it to you...

Are the upcharge restaurants on the Crown worth it? Can these be booked online before the cruise? Looking at Princess's website most the the restaurants don't have a menu listed or how much the price is. Is there somewhere with this information?

have you finally settled on this ship for your honeymoon cruise?? of course it's worth it !!:halo:

already time to fire willie T ??;p

Edited by voljeep

The Crown Princess has two specialty restaurants, Crown Grill and Sabatini's (Italian). Right now the charge is $29/pp for each one. Just go to your cruise personlizer and it is shown under specialty dining and you will see a sample menu. Yes, you can pre-book with the cost charged directly to your credit card at the time of booking. If you have lots of OBC it's best to wait until you board and book on boarding day, no difference in price. There are other special dining experiences on the Crown Princess, Ultimate Balcony Dining (Breakfast or Dinner), Crab Shack, Chef's Table. Believe balcony dining can be pre-booked by calling Princess, The others have to be booked on board.

Worth It? You will get lots of opinions. Basically, DR food is good quality banquet food. The specialty restaurants have cooked to order selections. We enjoy the Crown Grill, usually order the rib eye.

Crown Princess has Salty Dog Gastropub, Sabatini's (not Sabatini's Trattoria) and Crown Grill.

Links to menus (with cover charge listed) for all three are on this page:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

Crown Grill and Sabatini's can be prebooked through the Cruise Personalizer but must be prepaid, so if you want to use OBC you have to wait until onboard to make reservations.

Chef's Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining are also available on Crown. You won't see advance menus as they are more or less "chef's choice".

Are they "worth it?" It depends on how much you value a night away from the MDR (or buffet if that is your normal dinner preference) as a change of pace with (hopefully) both a quieter atmosphere and more attentive service. Everyone's opinion as to whether the food itself is ##-dollars better than the plethora of no-charge options will likely be different than yours.

Thank you for the link. I was looking under the cruise restaurants and it didn't have any of the information I was looking for.

have you finally settled on this ship for your honeymoon cruise?? of course it's worth it !!:halo:

Not yet lol. We are actually looking to move up the time of the cruise to May to go over my 30th birthday instead of doing two big trips in a single year. We are just waiting on a few things before we know if we can make the switch. But I found some amazing airfare to London which I think will be the deciding factor in choosing Princess.

Does Princess have a specialty dining package instead of having to pay the full price everywhere?

Nope, they don't have specialty dining packages like RCI or Celebrity or NCL. Mainly because rhe specialty restaurants are much less expensive than said lines.. Also, because the MDR food is actually quite good.

There is sometimes a coupon book from tour TA that includes a Buy One Get One free coupon for the first night. It will be in your cabin on embarkation if you have one fron your TA..

Otherwise, full price.

We enjoy the Crown Grill go about once every few cruises.

Have you considered moving up wedding and cruise to avoid this football season? Our son is a Seminole and obviously not happy

whats happening here

Emoticon-GQ-hp-18Jun14_istock_b.jpg

Yes Sabatinis and the Crown Grill are worth the charge.

Share/Salty Dog/Crab Shack IMO not so much. :(

Remember food is very subjective..........

I know food opinions can be very subjective, but I like to hear what people think. I tend to like specialty restaurants more than the main food on other cruises I've been on. Sabatinis and Crown Grill look like places we would definitely book so that's good to hear you like them :)

If I chose one, I'd go to the Crown Grill. It has always been a great meal. We were not very impressed with Sabatini's, but since we have only gone once, it could have just been a bad day. The food was okay, but in my opinion was not worth the up charge when comparing it to the quality in the MDR.

There’s still time for the offense to wake up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But just yesterday you posted you were taking a Disney Cruise in January' date=' sailing concierge, for your honeymoon. Now that’s changed.....again? :confused:[/quote']

No that one is staying, haven’t changed it since it was booked. Our European cruise is honeymoon part two. We really wanted to go to Europe for the honeymoon but our wedding is in November and there weren’t cruises plus we were out of vacation days. So we added the Disney cruise in January to have something closer to the wedding date. We’ve been to the Caribbean a lot since we live near the port it’s just to enjoy the ship we might not even get off. Originally had the main honeymoon in September so almost a year from the wedding, but we are thinking of moving it up to May so it goes over my 30th birthday so we don’t have two major trips in the same year and save some money. We are also going to Disney for NYE as a mini mini Moon lol.

If I chose one, I'd go to the Crown Grill. It has always been a great meal. We were not very impressed with Sabatini's, but since we have only gone once, it could have just been a bad day. The food was okay, but in my opinion was not worth the up charge when comparing it to the quality in the MDR.

The crown grill menu looks really good. I looked at the other sabatinis restaurant menu first and liked it a lot more than the restaurant actually on the ship so that’s too bad. I think most nights we would dine in the MDR