Do we BOTH have to get the beverage package?

annimc19

Our first time on Princess - very excited about our upcoming cruise :) My question is, if I purchase a drink package, be it soda, water, or alcohol, do my husband and I both have to get the package since we will be sharing the room? Thanks much!

The water package is a 12 pack that can be purchased for $6.90. That can be shared as it is a 12 pack delivered to the room. The coffee card is a punch card and the punches can be shared (though not the brewed coffee that comes with it).

The soda and alcohol package does not need to be bought by everyone in the room but can't be shared.

Confusing.

Just noticed cans are back:

"Canned Soda Package CA$14.38 6 cans for the price of 5

Choose any six canned sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale."

Still cheaper to bring own 6-8 pack.

I just did some research, but the information is dated October 2017. Hoping it hasn't changed. It said we are allowed to bring water, soda, etc..... on board. Not that I'm going to lug my case of tasty Costco vitamin water from Houston to Copenhagen, but it would be nice to not have to pay ridiculous prices (the entire cruise) for drinks.

I just did some research, but the information is dated October 2017. Hoping it hasn't changed. It said we are allowed to bring water, soda, etc..... on board. Not that I'm going to lug my case of tasty Costco vitamin water from Houston to Copenhagen, but it would be nice to not have to pay ridiculous prices (the entire cruise) for drinks.

As of April 1, 2018, I was allowed to bring on board my daughter's favorite soft drink in any amount we chose. Only alcohol is restricted on Princess.

You should have a soda sticker for each person who will be ordering a soda on this program. However, my wife does not drink that much soda. So I just buy a sticker for myself. But sometimes she will order a soda in a bar. So I order two sodas and show my sticker thinking they will bring me a glass and I will pay for the second. But the staff just brings us two glasses without charging for my wife's soda which should be a can and not in a glass like mine. I think it is easier for the staff just to bring two glass than go through the process of charging for the can of soda. But if I have to pay for my wife's soda- no problem.

I really wish they could offer a couple different options for the alcohol drink packages. If I remember right, it's something like $68/day. I could never drink enough to make that worth it. I'm anticipating maybe having 1-3 drinks a day, so it would be cheaper for me to buy them individually. But if there was a drink package that was somewhere around $30-35 per day, that might be more appealing to me.

Question - hopefully it's OK that I'm asking here rather than starting a new thread - are the sodas included with the soda package fountain drinks or canned? Thanks!

A couple years ago, the soda package was listed on line as including root beer in cans, and it did. That's the only canned soda we were able to get on the package. Otherwise they are fountain products from the gun.

offer the pbp for a single passenger for $ 70 per day - but then discount that in half if the second person in the cabin also gets it...so $ 105 for a couple staying in the same cabin...

we would prolly do that...

No, but you can't buy one and share it.

Paul is completely right. No, Princess is not like Carnival. On Princess, each person can choose to buy a beverage package or not. But the package is for one person and sharing is not permitted.

If you are caught sharing, they will cancel the package with no refund.

Obviously, buying a bunch of something--12 waters, 6 sodas, or 15 coffee punches can be shared. In that case, you bought the number of whatever and can use it as you see fit until your number runs out,

same with the pbp - you're buying 15 alcoholic drinks per day -so you should be allowed to share with the imposed limit...and unlike the coffee card - it is use it or lose it and can't be carried forward to the next day / cruise .

You can bring on any non-alcoholic beverages at embarkation and at ports along the way

same with the pbp - you're buying 15 alcoholic drinks per day -so you should be allowed to share with the imposed limit...and unlike the coffee card - it is use it or lose it and can't be carried forward to the next day / cruise .

I have not thought of it that way but you make sense. I wonder if Princess realized that is now more like a coffee card except you cannot share the punches.

Clearly Princess knows what it is doing and sets these plans up to maximize revenue, but I wonder how many take the PBP versus how many would take X drinks per day and pay individually when you go over X - no sharing. Clearly what X is, how much X plan costs would factor in to this but I have to think it could work.

Edited by Tedferg
Clarification

With PBP, you are not buying 15 drinks per day. You are buying up to 15 drinks. If each purchaser were getting 15 drinks per day, the price would probably be considerably higher.