Is this normal...or a misprint??

USCcruisecrazy

I was looking at our Travel Summary for a 7 day Western Caribbean and it mentioned 2 Formal Nights. Is that correct? Or a misprint? If they have 2, I'm not sure when the second would be since the last 4 nights are 6:00 Embarkation in Roatan, 6:00 Embarkation in Belize City, and 10:00 Embarkation in Cozumel. It's my understanding they never have a formal night on the last evening. That would mean they would need to do them back to back on the first 2 "full days"...one at sea and Grand Cayman that has a 4:00 Embarkation. I'm guessing it was a misprint!!

I was looking at our Travel Summary for a 7 day Western Caribbean and it mentioned 2 Formal Nights. Is that correct? Or a misprint? If they have 2, I'm not sure when the second would be since the last 4 nights are 6:00 Embarkation in Roatan, 6:00 Embarkation in Belize City, and 10:00 Embarkation in Cozumel. It's my understanding they never have a formal night on the last evening. That would mean they would need to do them back to back on the first 2 "full days"...one at sea and Grand Cayman that has a 4:00 Embarkation. I'm guessing it was a misprint!!

Always 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise

The 2nd one will probably be the night before last.

This does sound strange. We are doing a 14 day (b2b) with western then eastern with the same itinerary on the first half. Our travel summary only shows 3 formal nights for the whole cruise and I can see 2 being on the eastern which is normal.

They will not be back to back nights.

Yes, formal nights can be on port days, happens quite often on port intensive cruises.

Likely will be on one if the 6pm all-aboard days, likely Belize, as it's a tender port, and most folks will be back earlier..

2 formal nights is the standard for a 7 day cruise, so it's not a misprint. Most likely they will be the first sea day and the 4th evening, Roatan, where sailing is 6pm as the ship docks right next to the beach area, or it could be the 5th evening, Belize, where the ship might have experience that most passengers are on board well before the 6pm sailing. Doubtful it will be the Grand Cayman as that would be two days in a row. Will not be Cozumel nor will it be the last sea day. The cruise staff does has the ability to select formal nights and to only have one if necessary. But I doubt they will reduce the number as a lot of photos are sold on formal nights. You can obtain further information by asking this question after the ship begins its winter season and the decisions have been made.

I appreciate the responses. The last 7 night we did was a few years ago and I don't remember there being 2 formal nights.

I suppose the tender night out of Belize may be the second night. It seems logical that people come on board sooner when it's a tender port.

Again, thanks for the words!

Yes, I received notice from Princess that there will only be 3 formal nights on our 14 day Caribbean Adventurer (Western/Eastern) cruise on Sky Princess 1/4/2020.

I have been on numerous eastern and western itinerary cruises and have always had 2 formal nights, but this time Princess says we will only have 3 on the b2b western/eastern and not 4.

I believe this due to the port schedule and the fact that we leave Cozumel at 10:00 PM on the sixth day and are at sea the seventh with luggage needing to be put out at diner.

This does sound strange. We are doing a 14 day (b2b) with western then eastern with the same itinerary on the first half. Our travel summary only shows 3 formal nights for the whole cruise and I can see 2 being on the eastern which is normal.

This is how the formal nights have worked for all of my Princess cruises.

7 day cruise = 2 formal nights

14 day (2 back to back 7 day cruises) = 2 x 2 = 4 formal nights

14 day (True 14 cruise, not back to back) = 3 formal nights

But new circumstances could change the Princess policy.

We are on the Regal next month for a 7 day cruise. It also has only one sea day, but it states there will be 2 formal nights. This is standard for 7 day cruises. If its a problem, just eat elsewhere on the ship. The last time we had formal night on a port day, we just dressed as normal because we were rushed. No one said anything. There are no armed guards at the door on formal night.. It's your cruise, enjoy it.

I take it you are cruising to Canada & New England on the Regal next month.

On that cruise, day six you are leaving port at 6:00 PM and will have you 2nd formal night that night. Day seven is a day at sea and you put you luggage out at diner.

Completely different itinerary and circumstances.

On our Regal b2b (Eastern/Western) earlier this year, we had 4 formal nights, 2 on each itinerary. But the western itinerary was completely different then what the new western itinerary will be.

I am not disagreeing with anyone. In fact I have said that for all 7 night cruises that we have done, many to the western itinerary, there has been 2 formal nights. Earlier this year on the Regal, on day six we left Cozumel at 6:00 PM and had a formal night.

We have been informed by Princess that on our next cruise, b2b, 7 day cruises to the western/eastern itinerary (14 days total), we will only have 3 formal nights. On day six, we don't leave Cozumel until 10:00 PM and I think this is why we will not have a formal night that night.

We just did this in August except that instead of Belize we called in Costa Maya and that night was our formal night. So I would assume it would be one of the ports near the end that has the 6 pm time. I believe it would be Belize as I think your itinerary is like ours and Belize is before Cozumel.

We just did this in August except that instead of Belize we called in Costa Maya and that night was our formal night. So I would assume it would be one of the ports near the end that has the 6 pm time. I believe it would be Belize as I think your itinerary is like ours and Belize is before Cozumel.

Thanks Cassandra...that's what I was thinking too after reading the posts!