Allure preparing for dry dock

Webcams defo off now. Can't wait to hear about the changes. Heading on Allure at the end of August. 1st time on Allure so will be all new to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like the cams are off? [emoji27][emoji27]

On the positive side, perhaps they are in fact adding water slides and they don't want the news slipped beforehand? (Mindful thinking ).

Curious, did they keep the webcams going during Oasis dry dock?

Edited by LuCruise

Hi there.

We will be on her on June 18 also. Have our days planned except Marseilles. Any thoughts?

So far, we haven't planned anything for Marseilles. We might wait until we're on the ship to decide on that one. Maybe just a short (3-4 hour) tour of the general area.

On the positive side, perhaps they are in fact adding water slides and they don't want the news slipped beforehand? (Mindful thinking ).

Curious, did they keep the webcams going during Oasis dry dock?

None of the cams look near the waterslides. The cams seem to still be broadcasting, it's just the cameras aren't connected, they may be being replaced or removed entirely during this refit.

Interesting to see that's they have turned the "Pool and Sports Zone" camera slightly to the left. This was the only camera that might have been able to capture the slides (although not visibly, except when they were being lowered onto the ship)

Do you think they are moving the cam deliberately or could they just be being moved unintentionally if they are working close to them.

I notice the aquatheatre cam is facing the climbing wall so we cannot see anything at all! :(

Do you think they are moving the cam deliberately or could they just be being moved unintentionally if they are working close to them.

I notice the aquatheatre cam is facing the climbing wall so we cannot see anything at all! :(

The Aquatheatre camera has to have been moved intentionally because it's moved and zoomed in at the same time, however pool and sports zone may have been accidental, but then I would understand why they would move that intentionally.

The marketing team who are responsible for keeping the changes secret know this site exists, and knows that people will look at the webcams and will make sure nothing is revealed over them before they make any official announcement.

The Aquatheatre camera has to have been moved intentionally because it's moved and zoomed in at the same time, however pool and sports zone may have been accidental, but then I would understand why they would move that intentionally.

The marketing team who are responsible for keeping the changes secret know this site exists, and knows that people will look at the webcams and will make sure nothing is revealed over them before they make any official announcement.

Aquatheatre cam has been moved again back to normal view.

In the pool & sports zone there is something blue on the right hand side sort of tube like or tunnel like...would that maybe just be one of these tubes for rubbish etc ?

They are putting the new crash padding up at the back of the flowrider. That looks like a lot of carpet, but she is a big ship.

There will a large amount of people working on the ship, but it is amazing that the cameras only catch a few of them here or there.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I was on the April 5 sailing when they closed the VCL. The band finished playing at around 12:30, the cast of Chicago took some photos with guests, and guys in black rolled in the bubble wrap. Next thing you know, they are hauling out the piano and demoing the room. Boom! No more Viking Crown Lounge! I know the space is underutilized, but I'm going to miss it.

I was on the April 5 sailing when they closed the VCL. The band finished playing at around 12:30, the cast of Chicago took some photos with guests, and guys in black rolled in the bubble wrap. Next thing you know, they are hauling out the piano and demoing the room. Boom! No more Viking Crown Lounge! I know the space is underutilized, but I'm going to miss it.

Sucks [emoji107] [emoji107]

Loss of the aft public balconies.

Thank you. I was just starting to put notes together and was going to add the secret balconies. So these will gone and used for suites I guess.

Thank you. Anything else significant?

Thank you. I was just starting to put notes together and was going to add the secret balconies. So these will gone and used for suites I guess.

Thank you. Anything else significant?

Loss of the Viking Crown for general public. Restricted to suite guests and Coastal Kitchen guests.

Loss of the Viking Crown for general public. Restricted to suite guests and Coastal Kitchen guests.

I feel for those that love and will miss the VCL. However, as a suite cruise, I will admit that the CK and new lounge is very nice. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thank you. What is Coastal Kitchen?

Although we probably have one drink during the week in the VC I will miss not having it there but will find many other places on Allure to drink.

Oh well.

Thank you.

Thank you. What is Coastal Kitchen?

Although we probably have one drink during the week in the VC I will miss not having it there but will find many other places on Allure to drink.

Oh well.

Thank you.

Coastal Kitchen is a new restaurant restricted to full suite guests, Pinnacle C&A members, and their guests.