Oasis to China

What sea route do you think she will take? Isn't she too wide for the canal? Will she stop on the West coast, Honolulu? WOW, What a re-positioning cruise.

Umm.... Oasis isn't going to China. She's going to Port Canaveral next year and as of now they haven't announced any Oasis class heading to China.

Are you sure that you're not thinking of Quantum or Ovation?

What sea route do you think she will take? Isn't she too wide for the canal? Will she stop on the West coast, Honolulu? WOW, What a re-positioning cruise.

Umm.... Oasis isn't going to China. She's going to Port Canaveral next year and as of now they haven't announced any Oasis class heading to China.

Are you sure that you're not thinking of Quantum or Ovation?

^^^This. ^^^^^

And yes, she cannot fit through the Panama Canal. But since she isn't going to Asia, it really doesn't matter at this point.

;)

I heard last week that Oasis was going to be joining Ovation in China, I wonder if it will happen perhaps after she does some time in PC ?

I heard last week that Oasis was going to be joining Ovation in China, I wonder if it will happen perhaps after she does some time in PC ?

Are you sure? Do you have a source for that info? Last time I checked they didn't believe the ports of call around China had sufficient infrastructure to cater to an Oasis Class ship. Probably only Hong Kong.

Are you sure? Do you have a source for that info? Last time I checked they didn't believe the ports of call around China had sufficient infrastructure to cater to an Oasis Class ship. Probably only Hong Kong.

It came from guests who were told while on Anthem ...sorry I don't have any further info.

Maybe PC will get Oasis 4 then. :eek:

Oasis going to China was mentioned, on many of these threads and also, confirmed by a Loyalty Ambassador, but that was before her going to PC and the intro of Ovation to China.

The new Hong Kong Cruise Terminal (partially owned by Royal Caribbean) is said have the capacity to dock two Oasis class ships at the same time.

If Royal commits to sending Oasis class or larger ships to China, I'm sure the Chinese port authorities (like the Emperors used to do) will make it happen :cool:

Edited by Philob

Anybody think they are going way too all out in Asia? If you send too many big ships to a destination you over saturate it and struggle to sell them, the reason the Caribbean is so successful in modern day times is the variety of different types of ships, sizes of ships, lines, and facilities available

The new Hong Kong Cruise Terminal (partially owned by Royal Caribbean) is said have the capacity to dock two Oasis class ships at the same time.

If Royal commits to sending Oasis class or larger ships to China, I'm sure the Chinese port authorities (like the Emperors used to do) will make it happen :cool:

Rci does not have ownership but rather a 20% stake in the operation of the terminal. The Hong Kong gov footed the bill and owns the terminal which rci will pay rent

Royal Caribbean, the world’s second-largest cruise operator, owns a 20 percent stake in a consortium that operates the terminal. Another 20 percent stake is held by Shun Tak Holdings Ltd., founded by gambling magnate Stanley Ho. Worldwide Flight Services, which provides airport and air-cargo services, has the remaining 60 percent.

The group has agreed to pay the government about HK$13 million as fixed rent for the 10-year operation and another variable rent of 7.3 percent to 34 percent of gross receipts.

Rci does not have ownership but rather a 20% stake in the operation of the terminal. The Hong Kong gov footed the bill and owns the terminal which rci will pay rent

Royal Caribbean, the world’s second-largest cruise operator, owns a 20 percent stake in a consortium that operates the terminal. Another 20 percent stake is held by Shun Tak Holdings Ltd., founded by gambling magnate Stanley Ho. Worldwide Flight Services, which provides airport and air-cargo services, has the remaining 60 percent.

The group has agreed to pay the government about HK$13 million as fixed rent for the 10-year operation and another variable rent of 7.3 percent to 34 percent of gross receipts.

I stand corrected. Nevertheless, RCL most likely had some say in building it.

Recently docked in Hong Kong at the new terminal (onboard Mariner)....and no doubt it could handle the Oasis class ship and more...amazing place !!!!

As far as other ports we happened to visit on this itinerary...some of those might not be able too.

None of the confirmed 4 Oasis Class ships are planned for china at this time.