RCI theme nights

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:32 AM.
64 Posts
Joined May 2015
G'day all,

I know this gets asked alot but its comming into a new season, So I ask what are the current theme nights for a 10 night cruise on Voyager?

White?
Hawian?
etc etc

cya
bl262000
Sydney, Australia
13,974 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Not really able to be answered as a general question. This is because the cruise director will vary the theme nights depending on the crowd onboard so if there are a lot more teens -30 y.o.s they'll get more party vibe stuff, more foreigners they'll prob get a British and/or American/Elvis night, more oldies they'll get 40s , 50s, 60s nights and so on. It also depends on the cruise director as to their own preferences/supplies. White and Hawaiian are pretty common though.

If you want to find out what happened on a specific sailing, best to check for that sailing e.g. in roll call, but then have to make your own guess about how applicable it may apply to yours.
64 Posts
Joined May 2015
Thanks Big M,

It seems rather silly that it depends on what ship, what cruise director, what time of day, the batting average of the apposing team etc determines the theme nights for a specific cruise from specific ports at specific times of the year.
Reallisticly how are intending passengers expected to pack the required clothes/outfits/gear etc to participate in the theme nights of the cruise if no one knows what they are. Yes there is usually a white, hawian night but others?

Participation without knowing what to bring to participate!

cya
bl262000
Brisbane
382 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by bl262000
Yes there is usually a white, hawian night but others?
I've been on ships with White Nights, Gatsby Nights, Back to School Nights, 70s Nights, but never one with a Hawaiian Night.

Which is very annoying because I always pack a Hawaiian shirt.
Yulara, NT Australia
844 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
To be very honest with you I did not notice anyone or many people really paying attention to theme nights on Royal Caribbean ships when based in Australia. In fact it was very casual the whole cruise. This was on a Radiance of the Seas cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
30 Cruises and counting...
Canberra Australia
38,845 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Thanks Big M,

It seems rather silly that it depends on what ship, what cruise director, what time of day, the batting average of the apposing team etc determines the theme nights for a specific cruise from specific ports at specific times of the year.
Reallisticly how are intending passengers expected to pack the required clothes/outfits/gear etc to participate in the theme nights of the cruise if no one knows what they are. Yes there is usually a white, hawian night but others?

cya
bl262000
This is all part of their (Royal's) plan for you to buy the accessories from their on-board shop.
Canberra Australia
38,845 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by SinbadThePorter
I've been on ships with White Nights, Gatsby Nights, Back to School Nights, 70s Nights, but never one with a Hawaiian Night.

Which is very annoying because I always pack a Hawaiian shirt.
You may not be the only one.
Sydney, Australia
7,668 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
We had Island Night on the RCI cruise we did a couple of years ago. It was the night of the Isle of Pines port stop so DH bought the brightest shirt he could find at the markets there! It's blinding!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

and Sea Princess Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific cruise in August 2019

Sep 2017 - Royal Princess - Mediterranean
Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
Sydney, Australia
13,974 Posts
Joined Oct 2008

They don't expect you to supply your own costume. It's welcome, but not expected - and most don't. Some also supply (limited) accessories e.g. flags, glo tubes, headbands.
Sydney, Australia
13,974 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
I've never seen them charge for any accessory distributed by Activities for use in the shows.

Of course, if you buy something from the shop, then it's at a cost like anything else - but then I haven't seen anything in the shops for any specific theme night. Aside from the DVD/presenter merchandise, it's just general, ongoing stuff.
119 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by MicCanberra
You may not be the only one.
But isn't Hawaian the same as Carribean.. Bright shirts etc. That a lot of cruise lines have?? It's like the Ham & Pinapple or Hawaian Pizza. 1 or 2 half a dozen the other..
Canberra Australia
38,845 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Hunter69
But isn't Hawaian the same as Carribean.. Bright shirts etc. That a lot of cruise lines have?? It's like the Ham & Pinapple or Hawaian Pizza. 1 or 2 half a dozen the other..
You could be right but I try not to wear my pizza.
Mississippi
43 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by Brisbane41
To be very honest with you I did not notice anyone or many people really paying attention to theme nights on Royal Caribbean ships when based in Australia. In fact it was very casual the whole cruise. This was on a Radiance of the Seas cruise.
Hi we are doing and 11 night cruise in November on Radiance would love to chat with you about the ship if you don't mind my email is [email protected]
Thanks Denise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature