Our Country Home - The Fifth Year!

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:38 AM.
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,692 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Ron & Maurine's home this afternoon.

Maurine really laid out a great spread.

Unfortunately, neither Ron nor I thought to take a photo.
Virginia
3,953 Posts
Joined Jan 2004

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. We had a quiet day. Eldest daughter and her two sons slept over last night, left about 11 to go to mother-in-law's for dinner. The two of us, and our youngest daughter (staying with us temporarily, we hope), went to Mimi's Cafe for their Thanksgiving menu. It was very good, and now I have leftovers for tomorrow!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joan

Anthem of the Seas, Southern Caribbean, March-April 2016; Oasis of the Seas, Western Caribbean, August 2015; Quantum of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2014; Independence of the Seas, April 2014; Explorer of the Seas, December 2012; Oasis of the Seas, Western and Eastern Caribbean, March 2012; Allure of the Seas, Eastern and Western Caribbean, March 2011; Ruby Princess, Eastern Caribbean, March 2010; Mariner of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, April 2009; Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal, March 2008; Crown Princess, Southern Caribbean, April 2007; Sapphire Princess, Alaska, May 2006; Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean, April 2005; HAL Zuiderdam, Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,692 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I just talked with Keith, the Handy Man, and he prefers to move his project to tomorrow because it is still raining a bit.

That is fine but we are going to meet Ron & Maurine at the old house and do some stuff there this morning.

Ron & I will take down all of our art work and shuttle it over here to the new house and stack it up in Bed Room #3 until we figure out what to do with it.
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,692 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
The storms seem to be moving more to the east than to the north and it looks like it will be rainy off & on all day today.

I just talked with Ron and we are going to delay everything until tomorrow.

There is always stuff to do here...
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,692 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We drove up to Palm Coast this morning to pick up a prescription refill and then had breakfast a Denny's. As we drove along, restaurant after restaurant was jammed full. I guess everyone had decided to have someone else cook for them this morning.

I am loading some tools and supplies into my Explorer for tomorrow's work at the old house.

The rain has moved off and the sun is out and shining but it is a chilly 63 degrees outside. We are supposed to be rain free for the next week with temps in the low to mid 70's.
Bunnell, FL 32110
13,692 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
My new adult diapers came today but they are not suitable.

I can't put them on by myself!

Maybe if I lay down on the back part like you see people putting diapers on babies and then pulling up the front part and fastening all of the sticky tabs.

But that ain't for me.

I will stick with what I am using. They are not perfect but at least I can put them on and take them off by myself.

The next time I drive by Target I will check out the Up & Up brand.
Australia
1,260 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
This may be what you need

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-maxim...elect=13567390
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Strath

HAL Ms Zuiderdam Alaska 05/25/2013
Scenic Jade - Jewels of Europe 09/17/2014
Scenic Gem - Gems of the Seine 10/06/2014
Scenic Emerald - South of France 10/19/2014
HAL Ms Zuiderdam Mediterranean 04/14/2015
HAL Ms Noordam Aust/NZ 03/25/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
4,790 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
If you discover that they work for you, you can get a subscription for them and they will be delivered on whatever schedule works for you. Saves around 5% and the inconvenience of having to buy in person. My mom’s come three packages of 26 once a month. Target.com
Woodhaven, Michigan
3,511 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
So sorry to hear of your recent health problems I'm praying for a successful outcome. Will you still be cruising next month?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
***Lorey***

2017 NCL Pearl; 2016 NCL Getaway; 2015 Pride of America; 2014 Radiance of the Seas; 2013 Allure of the seas; 2012 Adventure of the Seas; 2011 Adventure of the Seas; 2010 Oasis of the Seas; 2009 Crown Princess; 2008 Liberty of the Seas; 2007 Carnival Glory; 1994 Carnival Fantasy