transportation from venice airport to ship

bilik

hello,

We will be arriving in Venice on May 22 at noon to to on to the New Amsterdam. How much would a land cab cost and will it take us all the way the ship?

Thanks you and am looking forward to the 22,

Bilik

Hello Bilik,

That's a good question. I believe you will find a wealth of useful and unbiased information at Durant & Cheryl Imboden's

Venice for Visitors

http://europeforvisitors.com/

I have used this a lot, and I am very confident that this site is one that C.C. will allow reference too. I'm a beginner on these forums so need to be careful about outsdie referrals before I have a better grasp of the rules.

I am currently booked for the identical cruise as you, Mediterranean Empires, on July 28th, and have been looking at a water taxi - which is expensive but recommend, and hoping that now there is a Roll Call for this one that I can gather with a nother couple to shae the (water) taxi.

Anyway there are pleanty of land taxis available too.

Happy cruising,

Petetehedrum

• 2 weeks later...

It is between $40 to $55 EU for the taxi to the ship..OR, you can buy an ACTV ticket at the airport right before you go outside, but outside of the baggage retrieval area. They are about $3.50EU one way. They take 20-30 minutes and go right to Piazzale Roma. At the back side of P. Roma there is a shuttle to the ship area. Or there is a People Mover across the street for 4EU that takes you close to the ship area and you can easily walk the rest of the way. Best suggestion is ACTV then the shuttle. Just did this a couple of weeks ago. If the ship will be in Venice for a couple of days you can get an ACTV ticket for 24 hours or more and then take it all over the place as we did. Returning, get a transfer to the Piazzale Roma from the ship ($12 each) and then the ACTV to the aiport. (ACTV is a bus to/from airport and the vaporetto all around town) Enjoy..we did..!! Returned last Friday!!

Sherry

Good advice from Sherry and a lot less expensive. We were on the same Cruise and chose to use the HAL transfer option, in Barcelona to the ship and returning in Venice to the Airport. Coming in our luggage was placed on the Bus and next we saw it was in our room. Leaving we carted our luggage to the transfer bus about 200ft and at the airport in 25 minutes. Very effiecent, well managed and a lot less stress ($206.00 for two) :)

I too was on the April 30th sailing and took a taxi to the port. It was quick and easy after a long journey to Venice. Cost between 40-50 euros. Keep in mind that the people mover does not drop you off at the ship, it is a bit of a distance to walk with luggage in tow. I saw many grumpy people unhappily hauling their luggage. You will want to head back out quickly to get as much of Venice as you can since it is such a remarkable city. Sherry, sorry to disagree with you on this one....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived