New Cruiser on QE2

BeardedGuy

My wife and I are taking the QE2 from Southampton on July 17 for the 2 week Iberian Summer Cruise. Any suggestions? Also does the formal dress schedule follow the QE2 Crossing schedule of every night formal except 1st and last, or the usual (for other lines) Cruise schedule of 2 formal nights per week. We did Ferry Boats in Greek Islands and the Alaska cruise on Celebrity 2 yrs ago, but this is first time on Cunard.

QE2 Iberian Summer
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img]

Oh Bearded One

My parents are on the 2 week Med cruise immediately preceding yours and they have been told that there will be 4 or 5 formal nights on board. As for suggestions, well, for what? I have been on the QE2 twice and enjoyed it both times. One aspect which makes her different is Cunard's emphasis on its corporate history of transatlantic liners and there are many fascinating displays and exhibits on board of documents, memorabilia and ephemera relating to this. On several days during the cruise (prob only sea days), one of the entertainment staff will conduct a 'heritage trail' tour which is worth the time, despite being occasionally misleading (perhaps it was just the guide I had). The library is very good and the book shop is excellent. Afternoon tea in the Queens Lounge is a delight. If you have any other specific areas of concern, I'd be delighted to try and help. Hoping you have a great time,
Martin (UK)
QE2 Aug 02, Jun 03
Caronia May 03
Marco Polo Aug 03, April 04
Statendam Feb 04 (and never again)

I was on the QE2 for day cruise on May 29. The staff in Florida told me that we would have 2 casual nights, 2 formal, and the rest informal. That wasn't the case. We had 2 formal, and 5 informal. My tour arrived back late on the last night and I went to dinner in a sports shirt and slacks. No one complained. Several Other passengers were dressed casual on the first and last nights.

On the longer cruises, there will probably be more formal nights.

Archived