QM2 Questions

lknick

Soon, I shall be on the QM2 on a crossing. Last month, on a Prinsendam crossing, I researched specific question [ie how many books in the library] that were asked by HAL message board members.

If anyone has specific questions about QM2, I will research them.

Excluded are whether a Gloch is better than a Beretta for gaining the attention of the Maitre d' and any specifics about the spa. I don't go there.

40 cruises: mainly Cunard, Carnival, HAL, NCL, RCI, Starclipper, Seabourn. ~511 days total, ~325 on HAL

lknick

Considering many Police Departments have dumped the Glock, and not so many have dumped Beretta, I would hazard a guess that Beretta is better.

Personally, I still like Smith & Wesson.

I for one would be interested to know if the QM2 library and bookstore have a good selection of maritime books. We hope to go on a QM2 trans-Altantic in 2005, finances permitting.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I for one would be interested to know if the QM2 library and bookstore have a good selection of maritime books. We hope to go on a QM2 trans-Altantic in 2005, finances permitting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The QM2 Library has an excellent selection of books related to Cunard and ocean liners....probably more general maritime history as well, I just didn't look.

The QM2 bookstore sells a lot of treasures, including the books about Cunard ships, posters and prints of ships, and even some maritime antiques.

The "Maritime Quest" self-guided tour/displays around QM2 about Cunard's rich history are very thoughtfully done. I was especially impressed that they came up with a lot of 'fresh' old photographs -- as opposed to ones the ones you see over and over again in different publications.

Between the bookstore and Maritime Quest, you could spend the whole crossing learning about maritime history and still not get through everything.

Crouton

P.S. Whenever anyone visits the QM2 library and/or bookstore, you must automatically remember -- as if by hypnosis -- to SIGN THE CRUISE CRITIC LOG BOOK which (the staff knows) is kept right under the counter.

(You're welcome, Cusyl. icon_smile.gif)

[This message was edited by Crouton on 06-07-04 at 12:16 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>P.S. Whenever anyone visits the QM2 library and/or bookstore, you must automatically remember -- as if by hypnosis -- to SIGN THE CRUISE CRITIC LOG BOOK which (the staff knows) is kept right under the counter.

(You're welcome, Cusyl. ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, thanks and a great big hug Crouton

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at work

26 cruises since 1964 -Proud member of O.A.T.C.

Queen Mary 2 Maiden Caribbean Voyage 1/31/2004

Zuiderdam 3/27/2004

Caribbean Princess 8/28/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;08;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

Carnival Miracle from Tampa 11/7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What cabin category are you in?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't understand the relevance of this question.

Suffice it to say that my cabin is on 11 deck.

40 cruises: mainly Cunard, Carnival, HAL, NCL, RCI, Starclipper, Seabourn. ~511 days total, ~325 on HAL

Archived