Oct 2nd Elation is switched to Carnival Fascination

flairishbbw

So my group that I sold this newly renovated ship to new Carnival customers and they are getting an old beat up bucket of rust and getting$50 per cabin OBC..Whooo hoooo...can they friggin break the bank...I am soooooo pissed

Be happy they didn’t cancel altogether with the delay from the hurricane. How do you think those on the fascination sailings feel that their cruise was canceled? You are lucky to have received anything. Stop being so selfish. #firstworldproblems

If nothing else, this terrible hurricane season should help inform cruise passengers for years to come how important it is to read and understand all of the contingencies outlined in the cruise contract, and hopefully tamp down some of the damages done by those saying, "I've never had a problem."

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I got switched also, am the one who posted yesterday. I looked at pictures of Fascination and am thrilled!! It looks like a gorgeous boat and can't wait. I'm very thankful for the credit and the fact that we are sailing at all.

My one & only other cruise was on Fascination. She's beautiful. I'm glad you're happy to cruise. Seems like others are taking it personally that 2 hurricanes changed their ship. The ones upset seem to be missing the bigger picture. I'd rather GET to sail a different ship, than not go at all. There's a lot of people who didn't get to cruise, still don't have power in FL, lost everything they owned, lost loved ones. Yet some want to hide behind a keyboard & whine.

So my group that I sold this newly renovated ship to new Carnival customers and they are getting an old beat up bucket of rust and getting$50 per cabin OBC..Whooo hoooo...can they friggin break the bank...I am soooooo pissed

I can understand your disappointment a little, but would you be even more disappointed if your cruise was cancelled altogether? It is only because the Fascination was displaced from San Juan that you are still going on a cruise.

The Fascination and Elation are nearly identical ships. We loved all of our cruises on the Fascination from Jaxport. A few of my reviews are in my signature. I wouldn't let the lack of a special burger, burrito, cucumber martini, or some new cabin furniture ruin my good time, but that's me. These could be deal breakers for you. I wouldn't expect any OBC, so the $50 is a bonus.

Not going to lecture about booking during hurricane season because I do it all the time, but make sure I have insurance to over any issues that arise. I will tell people not to book the first three cruises after an extensive drydock because I have seen cruises cancelled because of delays, or the work is being finished up during the first few cruises. That is why we scheduled our upcoming Elation cruise AFTER our B2B on the Magic in October, and not BEFORE.

Try to have a GREAT cruise!!! :cool:

Edited by Jamman54

Personally I love the Fascination but she is going to dry dock in January 2018 and for me, if I were changed to the Fascination after choosing a ship just out of dry dock, I would be very annoyed myself, probably would cancel my cruise if it were me...sorry, but I do not go on ships that go into dry dock within 10 months time.

Another rule of thumb I have is that I never choose a cruise that comes out of dry dock until two to three weeks later, chances of these things happening are great.

When you book for a large group and take on that responsibility, one of your duties would to be to make sure your group reads ALL the fine print in the cruise contract that states they can change things at any time etc....in addition you might want to go over what cruising in hurricane season could be like (ie: changes to itinerary, rough seas, canceled or delayed boarding of ship etc...), as cruise group leader these are all your responsibilities if you choose to take them on...the good, the bad and the ugly and setting reasonable expectations as to changes....lesson learned!!!

So maybe you should just cancel the cruise if you are so pissed. Sounds like you will have a miserable time anyway.

Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boo freaking hoo.... put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Sure it stinks but you are going on the cruise and on a ship that has the features that the Elation is getting.

• 3 weeks later...
I got switched also, am the one who posted yesterday. I looked at pictures of Fascination and am thrilled!! It looks like a gorgeous boat and can't wait. I'm very thankful for the credit and the fact that we are sailing at all.

Worst cruise ever been on. Bad food, black mold in bathroom, will never cruise carnival again!

If nothing else, this terrible hurricane season should help inform cruise passengers for years to come how important it is to read and understand all of the contingencies outlined in the cruise contract, and hopefully tamp down some of the damages done by those saying, "I've never had a problem."

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Thank you for your guru like words of 'wisdom'....otherwise no one on these boards would have the ability to figure this out on their own.....geesh!! I swear, you MUST work for CCL the BIG corporation, or get some sort of compensation, with such a 'cheerleaders' frame of mind pro-CCL.

I cruised her in March and had a great time!! Would LOVE to go on her again!!

Donna

I am very glad you had a good time, that was March this is October. Let me tell you what happened to me, then be truthful how you would feel if it happened to you. I had eaten in the dining room each evening with my daughter and grandchildren, until Thursday evening and I decided I would eat the buffet on lido deck with my friends. I ate leg of lamb, Cole slaw and baked potato. About 3 hours later, I started feeling a little queasy, told my friends I was going to my stateroom. In another one to two hours I was vomiting heavily and had horrible knife sharp pain in my abdomen. I had made it to the toilet in stateroom and I litterially thought I wasn't going to survive. My grandson came to our cabin I told him go get your mom and hurry. Well, daughter got there called for medical assistance, no one came. My GRANDAUGHTER went to medical they laughed at her. My family got help from people in the hall, got me to medical and to make a long story short, I had food poisoning, you may say this happens, think about it what if all 2000+ people on this cruise had gotten the same food poisoning, and you were one of them, would you not be a bit irritated if this happened to you. Carnival has let themselves slip in the eyes of the public I've always enjoyed their ships, went on fantasy in April this year also. Just saying I go often but no more. Thanks for listening!

Thank you for your guru like words of 'wisdom'....otherwise no one on these boards would have the ability to figure this out on their own.....geesh!! I swear, you MUST work for CCL the BIG corporation, or get some sort of compensation, with such a 'cheerleaders' frame of mind pro-CCL.

Your 2,260th post and this is how you choose to be? :confused: You should know better and be more of assistance to other passengers understanding what you know from your years of cruising rather than fostering unfounded expectations.

Is this the Carnival forum? Who cares? This thread is about what this thread is about, and it is not specific to Carnival. And I couldn't care less about Carnival. After November, my next cruise is on Holland America, and even though I haven't cruised Carnival yet, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my Holland America cruise will be better. Some cheerleader I am.

How about instead of deflecting from the thread, attracting attention to yourself, and name-calling people who post informative, on-topic messages, you stick to the topic. Sound like a plan?

Despite your vapid deflection, the reality is that much of the dissatisfaction expressed by passengers of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Princess, and other cruise lines, over the last two months, were concerns that could have been avoided or mitigated by a fair and accurate relaying of our insights and knowledge about cruising during hurricane season from many years of experience as cruise passengers. We're supposed to be here to help each other avoid dissatisfaction. What the heck are you doing here? Stop "cheerleading" dissatisfaction - that is what you're doing - and start helping other passengers to understand the realities of what they're actually buying.

Edited by bUU

Why book old clunkers?

it does not have Guys burgers or bkue iguana... the Elation all the rooms are overhauled to look like breeze vista splendor..brand new updated dining room...

I feel you. I only do ships with all the extra food options. The MDR food, in my opinion, has really gone down hill. To me it's not worth the time of dressing for dinner and wasting 2 hrs for a super slow sub par meal. We usually eat an early dinner at Guys before they close. Any way to change ships?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app