1 day in Vancouver - limited mobility

We'll have 1 post-cruise day in Vancouver. DW is having ankle/foot problems, so lots of walking is out of the question. HOHO is getting bad reviews recently. Can someone suggest an alternative for Vancouver first-timers? Is there a reliable private half day tour, or semi-private tour that would be of interest?

Thanks!

Richard

I'd suggest checking TripAdvisor and other general travel websites for reports on tours, and cross-referencing as many sources as possible (way more people visit Vancouver to do stuff that isn't cruising than to cruise). Being local myself, I've only taken a handful of tours - the Trolley HOHO (which was certainly good back in the day), and other than that all walking tours so no help to you there I'm afraid! There are a couple of solid local companies who do significant volumes of tours - e.g. LandSea whose 'bread & butter' is a ~4 hour city tour by 'mini coach' for about $80pp (they have 16 and 30 seaters).

Private tours, even if you fill the guides vehicle entirely, would likely start at $100pp for the same length and go up. toursbylocals.com would be a good start point if you do want a private tour rather than joining in with a dozen or more others - the guides who have reviews on there, you can at least assume safely that the reviews are from folks who actually took the tour with that guide unlike public-review sites like TA.