DCL Wonder Vegan options

Ampjiii

Talk to your head server on embarkation day. THey will advise you and will also arrange for special food preparation each night, allowing the people involved to place their order the day before. If you choose to eat at the buffet, mention the need to the person at the podium. A chef or head server will walk the buffet line with them, advising them as to choices. Even things that look vegan may not be--they will know whether the vegetable soup was made with chicken broth, for example.

I've never heard of anyone going hungry on a DCL cruise. There will be many options.

I would suggest noting this on your booking before you embark. I have heard of DCL accommodating vegans with special desserts and things if they know ahead of time. (That's not necessary for those who are just vegetarian because there are veg options marked on the regular menu). As far as meals, there is a main dish that is or can be made vegan at every meal. You should also know that non-dairy milk is available by request, even if you don't see it out. Sometimes they also have non-dairy ice cream.

I've been paying more attention to the Fantasy, but I'm hearing that room service has Beyond Burgers and Enjoy Life cookies, even though they aren't on the menu.

There are lots of things available thru Room service and other sources if you ask about them. If you talk to the head server or notify DCL in advance, your diet preferences will be tied to your room number...so when you dial room service, they can see it.

Did you ever wonder why you are asked for your room number if you go to a MDR at breakfast or lunch? There may be multiple reasons, but one is that if there is an allergy alert tied to your KTTW card/room number, the person at the podium gets a big red flashing signal. This allows your head server and server to be notified even if you forget to say something. It gets a little funny if one member of the group has an allergy issue and that member is missing. You'll spend lunch reassuring the serving team that the alert is for "Suzy" who is not here.

A similar alert is placed for dietary preferences/special needs. It really shouldn't be a problem. If you like a particular brand of something, ask about it...worst thing they can do is to say no. And you can certainly ask about vegan burgers or whatever.