Puppies in the Piazza - Princess

GloriaF

Anyone know in which port this occurs? Is there more to it, like a talk from Libby Riddles or someone similar?

Are there any other special ship experiences for an up close and personal feel for Alaska? And if so, which ports?

Trying to plan time away from ship and when it is better to be onboard in ports.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how they handle that if your ship doesn't go to Skagway? A couple of itineraries I am considering go to Haines instead. I know they are close in distance, but don't want to assume they will have the same events while in port.

I don't have an answer to your question but I did notice the small print at the bottom of the Meet Real Alaskans page: *All Alaska sailings will feature Puppies in the Piazza and Libby Riddles.

We’ll be in AK in June in the Coral Princess-is there a time frame when they come onboard?

I’ve heard the puppies -usually around 3pm -not sure if correct.

I know it will be in the Patter-just curious for planning

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Puppies in the Piazza occurs in Skagway...courtesy of Ryan Redington, a grandson of Joe Redington who started the Iditarod race. Libby Riddles comes on in Juneau. She usually has one of her older retirees with her. They are on each Princess ship exclusively. Libby has a wonderful movie about dogs and what she has accomplished. She was the first woman to have won the Iditarod.....Both of them are great people and good friends of mine. don't miss them.

Do you recall what time of day the puppies come on board in Skagway? We have a shore excursion booked there and my daughters would love to see them, but depends on the time.

It will be in the Patter...No way to know because it depends on how many ships are in port...Occasionally there are 3 of them and that keeps things hopping for everyone...It is not easy to set it up...and they do it mostly themselves... If you go on the train or car or tour bus to Carcross, there will be puppies there also. Michelle Phillips runs the cart ride up there, and she is terrific....Go for a short cart ride, and play with a puppy. She is also a good friend...It is a small sport and we all know each other....

Edited by laughing husky
adding information