Temsco or Coastal Helicopter/Dogsled tour in Juneau

disneygal77

I've decided to pray for decent weather in Juneau so that we can do a "bucket list" helicopter flight to a glacier and dogsledding.

Both Temsco and Coastal have availability in July when we'll be there for the day. Temsco lands on the Mendenhall Glacier and Coastal lands on the Herbert glacier. I would pick based on the dogsledding experience as great views are expected on both.

Mendenhall Glacier seems to be the "famous one" but I'm wondering if you see any more of it if you fly Temsco as both helicopter operations must land in spots where the dogsledding is set up, not an area of a glacier with giant crevices etc.

Any advice is most appreciated! I'm sure both are great! Prices are very similar booking away from a cruise line.

that is true as of this year....the Herbert glacier is now under a different management company and it is basically the same as the other one...whether you get to go or not depend solely on the weather and if the camps are lower or higher...and the weather....and the weather....and the weather....If you are coming into Anchorage, there is another option not far from Anchorage on the colony glacier near Palmer....Snowhook Kennels runs it through the Knik Lodge...It tends to have better weather because it is not directly on the coast....