Any details on Syd Norman's Pour House??

jpc763

The description of Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club on Breakaway indicates "Please note that this venue will be replaced with Syd Norman's Pour House on May 11, 2018." Does anyone know any details on this "new" venue?

John

Found this

"Effective May 11, 2018, Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club on board Norwegian Breakaway will change to a new live music venue called Syd Norman's Pour House, as part of the dry dock enhancements. The venue will remain complimentary.

Syd Norman’s Pour House Show description:

From gritty brick walls to live rock ’n’ roll, you’ll feel like you’re in one of LA’s legendary rock clubs at Syd Norman’s Pour House. Sip on a Witchy Woman while chilling on The Waterfront. Quiz the bartender’s encyclopedic knowledge of everything from Axl to Mick. Belt the night away to classics you love because after all, it’s only rock ’n’ roll but you’ll like it!"

Was hoping for something like the District with a better beer selection than Breakaway had.

John

They are changing the decor, don't expect much other than that to happen.

No, they're changing the club from featuring blues/jazz performers such as Slam Allen and Les Getrex to rock 'n roll music . That's a bigger difference than any change in decor.

No, they're changing the club from featuring blues/jazz performers such as Slam Allen and Les Getrex to rock 'n roll music . That's a bigger difference than any change in decor.

We were at Fat Cats on March Break on BA - it was "rock 'n roll" - covers of Elvis, Eagles, CCR etc. You could fire a cannon - nobody was in there. The year before (maybe two years before?) we had been to a Les Getrex show and it was standing room only. And it was a "show", you know, singing, patter, etc. So once again, not sure what NCL is thinking with this one....

• Like 1

We were there a few nights ago. Was amazing and they played Classic Rock Songs and the cast and Band were super funny! We wandered in with zero expectations and LOVED IT. We went back again. Felt like a neighborhood bar not something you see on a Ship and my wife and I cruise a lot!

The guys running it apparently are behind ROCK OF AGES which we also loved on Broadway....

We were there a few nights ago. Was amazing and they played Classic Rock Songs and the cast and Band were super funny! We wandered in with zero expectations and LOVED IT. We went back again. Felt like a neighborhood bar not something you see on a Ship and my wife and I cruise a lot!

The guys running it apparently are behind ROCK OF AGES which we also loved on Broadway....

Isn't it in dry dock?

Nope cruising now and in Russia,

Are you on the ship now? What other changes did they make to the Breakaway during dry dock? Nobody has reported a thing!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the 10-day Baltic Cruise on the Breakaway. Syd Normans Pour House just opened on our cruise with the interior totally redone. We had so much fun, it became a regular place to go. Three nights they had 3 cast members from Rock of Ages join the show, it was fantastic! Everyone joined in with singing the classic Rock N Roll Songs - standing room only. The other nights the band played, they sounded great and were fun to go and hear - we went almost every night and was never disappointed. The bartender and waiters learned our names - on such a large ship it felt like your neighborhood corner bar. Go early and grab a seat. It's a must see!

Are you on the ship now? What other changes did they make to the Breakaway during dry dock? Nobody has reported a thing!

Nothing major, repainting, new carpets, some furniture replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Any pictures of the drink menu? Possible updated beer list? We were on the escape last year and loved the District. I know Syd's beer selection would not be as big, but i was hoping for a few craft beer additions at least.

Any pictures of the drink menu? Possible updated beer list? We were on the escape last year and loved the District. I know Syd's beer selection would not be as big, but i was hoping for a few craft beer additions at least.
Nothing fancy. Normal beers you can get at other bars. They do to specialfy drinks. One is a Coors light with a pickle shot and whiskey I think. Forgot the other one

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Back from breakaway cruise. We had syd’s Rock blast three times with three members of rock of ages. This was so much fun. They have 5 singers which changes singing and background singing at the songs. And three members walked singing/ dancing through the audience. If you like music and go to the breakaway you have to see it.

Edited by Steff79

Just back from a trip. I think Syd Norman's was one of the highlights of the trip!

Darryn is a great singer, and the nights where the "Rock of Ages" crew join in, takes it up a level.

43800501311_ef0ab63e73_z.jpg[

JUMP!!!!

I was at this very show on the last night. It was our 4th visit to SPH - the entertainment between here and the guys in Howl at the moon was great!!

We must have crossed as we were doing exactly the same, Syd's until they stopped, and then Howl at the Moon with Patty & the Steves

Trying desperately to remember all the Syd numbers they did.

Boys are back in Town - Thin Lizzy

Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonny Tyler

Jump - Van Halen

AC/DC - cant remember which one - "Touch too Much" maybe

Some Doobie Brothers song

Wayward Son - Kansas

Boys are back in Town - Thin Lizzy

Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonny Tyler

Jump - Van Halen

AC/DC - cant remember which one - "Touch too Much" maybe

Some Doobie Brothers song

Wayward Son - Kansas

Excellent - thanks!

I think the AC/DC was "You Shook me all night long"?

Doobie Brothers - was it "Takin' It to the Streets"?

I had on my remembered list:

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

Lights - Journey

Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan

Come Sail Away - Styx

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Excellent - thanks!

I think the AC/DC was "You Shook me all night long"?

Doobie Brothers - was it "Takin' It to the Streets"?

I had on my remembered list:

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

Lights - Journey

Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan

Come Sail Away - Styx

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Yes - you are spot on with those - but don't think they did Jovi on that last night - its one of my fave Karaoke songs and so Im sure I would remember it - but it wouldn't surprise me if they did play this at some point

I was also impressed with Roxy and her two cohorts who also did a fine set of rock songs including Since You've been Gone by Rainbow and a fab version of Bohemian Rhapsody!!

I thought the "rock" music as all good across the ship - even tho ROA is a bit corny - however - there was plenty of other musical choice around the ship

But

The Italian Magician/Comedian was poor!!!

• 1 month later...