Allure/Oasis/Harmony as a solo

watson61

Would love to hear from anyone who has done one of these huge RC ships as a solo. I recently went on Allure with family and absolutely loved it. I noticed in the Compass that there was a solo/singles get-together every day, sometimes two a day. I kept meaning to check these out to see if they were well-attended but never got around to it. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go solo on one of those ships because there's so much to do and so many places to hang out (loved Central Park).

Solo cruiser who loves the Oasis class checking in! I love sailing on the big ships- so much to do, and people are generally quite friendly. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!

That's nice to know. I've often thought that as a solo I might find myself being intimidated by a ship of that size with the fear of being swallowed up in a large sea of people. I'm glad to see that's not the case for others.

• 3 weeks later...
Would love to hear from anyone who has done one of these huge RC ships as a solo. I recently went on Allure with family and absolutely loved it. I noticed in the Compass that there was a solo/singles get-together every day, sometimes two a day. I kept meaning to check these out to see if they were well-attended but never got around to it. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go solo on one of those ships because there's so much to do and so many places to hang out (loved Central Park).

Just returned from a solo cruise on Harmony of the seas.. one of my favorite ships. Did a "Live" trip report on it, link below.

Harmony of the Seas

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2676684

Semi solo on this cruise

"Live" trip report

Oasis of the Seas

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2563426

Also did another one on Allure that I documented, I was solo on it, but wasn't very long per say because I had met up with folks from our roll call and was with some of them a lot of time that week. I was still solo in many ways and on my own so I had the best of both worlds.

"Live" trip report

Allure of the Seas

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944372

Solo cruiser who loves the Oasis class checking in! I love sailing on the big ships- so much to do, and people are generally quite friendly. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!

And one thing to add to that is people are always walking around, with or without group they are with. So folks you meet or encounter have no idea if you are cruising alone or part of group unless you tell them. I found cruising solo on these larger ships was easier too. There is always lots to do if you want to or as little as you want to.

the oasis class ships are great to go solo on. plenty to do with lots of people to meet. i have done a few of them solo. make sure you sign up for the meet and mingle event. don't count on the solo meetings organized by the ship to be well attended