New Deal after you're paid in full

lovetotraveltx

If cabin level is same price with higher onboard credit does that change thing, can we rebook room?

nope, you can not re-book your cabin. That is the same as cancelling and losing the money you have paid. You might give them a call and see if they will make an adjustment but most like, NOT, If they adjusted everyone's reservation after final payment they would spend all their time doing that and nothing else. Look at it this way: if you buy 10 lbs of potatoes for $ 5.00 and next week, they go down to $3.00 would you walk into the store and ask to get this weeks special price. The exception would be if you made final payment before the final date.

Yes you can IF you upgrade.

I did yesterday. I was booked in an inside for $xxx

Ocean view price is now $150 more than what i paid and offers an additional $60 OBC and a second free at sea choice.

I called, paid the 150$ price difference, upgraded my room and got the $60 OBC and added a second free at sea choice (dining).Not a bad deal at all.:D

I think you could also just by upgrading to a higher price cabin in the same category.

But keeping the same cabin NO you can't.

Yes you can IF you upgrade.

I did yesterday. I was booked in an inside for $xxx

Ocean view price is now $150 more than what i paid and offers an additional $60 OBC and a second free at sea choice.

I called, paid the 150$ price difference, upgraded my room and got the $60 OBC and added a second free at sea choice (dining).Not a bad deal at all.:D

I think you could also just by upgrading to a higher price cabin in the same category.

But keeping the same cabin NO you can't.

We are currently on the Getaway and did this. NCL dropped the price of the Haven Penthouse cabins dramatically right after our final payment and went from 2 perks to all five. We upgraded from our MS w/ large balcony for a final total increased cost of $740. And it has been so worth it! IMHO, The Haven is everything advertised and more!!! The only “problem” we are having is spending all our OBC!! :')

I was able to call my PCC after final payment on my upcoming October sailing when they increased the OBC and because my category was still available for the same price I paid, she was able to get the credit added to our account. Had our category sold out or gone up in price, I do not believe she would have been able to help us.

We paid in full September 1 and now a lot more onboard spend is being offered. Can we get it?

Thank you!

Maybe, what is the deadline for making final payment.

After final payment you can upgrade without penalty, but you have to move up to a higher category, and then you get the new perks.

The cruseline also knows the final payment date for the cruises. Once passed is when you'll see price drops. This is when they know you can't get the adjustment. Hundreds of passengers would try to get the last minute price which isn't going to happen in regard to the terms.

We paid in full September 1 and now a lot more onboard spend is being offered. Can we get it?

Thank you!

NCL offered $150pp OBC after our final payment. Our TA made the call and it was added to our booking and we didn't have to cancel and rebook. I figured it was a long shot but turned out to be worth the try. My TA explained that since the actual fare that we paid was the same, we were able to get the bonus OBC with no hassle. At the very least, I say give them a call, or if you booked via TA, have them do it. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!

Edit: I just read Tallnthensome's response regarding final payment date and that triggered a memory. In our case, our TA's final payment date is about a week prior to the cruise line's. It's quite possible that the OBC add on that I mentioned happened after the TA's final payment but before NCL's actual final payment....which would really explain why we got the OBC with no problem. Oh well, still worth calling,

NCL offered $150pp OBC after our final payment. Our TA made the call and it was added to our booking and we didn't have to cancel and rebook. I figured it was a long shot but turned out to be worth the try. My TA explained that since the actual fare that we paid was the same, we were able to get the bonus OBC with no hassle. At the very least, I say give them a call, or if you booked via TA, have them do it. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!

Edit: I just read Tallnthensome's response regarding final payment date and that triggered a memory. In our case, our TA's final payment date is about a week prior to the cruise line's. It's quite possible that the OBC add on that I mentioned happened after the TA's final payment but before NCL's actual final payment....which would really explain why we got the OBC with no problem. Oh well, still worth calling,

I was able to get the additional on board credit. My cabin went up $11, so I just paid the $11 and they could make the change, she did have to clear it with her supervisor though. :)

• 1 month later...