Ocean Medallion on Regal Princess

skennedy25

Actually, The Regal Princess will be back from its European rotation on September 22nd docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port. We cruise on the Regal on the 22nd for a 7 day New England/Canada itinerary. Our cruise returns to Brooklyn, NY on September 29th.

Actually, The Regal Princess will be back from its European rotation on September 22nd docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port. We cruise on the Regal on the 22nd for a 7 day New England/Canada itinerary. Our cruise returns to Brooklyn, NY on September 29th.

my mistake, was looking at the princess website and the 29th is the default date it put it to

When I talked to someone at Princess the other day I was told that ***** was 100% implemented on the Regal. I called them because it was total disaster in January when I was onboard, and we are on it again in October out of Brooklyn. I was told we would have the ***** by Sept. 20.

What is the real truth, because I usually don't believe Princess.

Interesting CruisingDeacon! If it were 100% implemented on the Regal for all passengers don't you think there would be more chatter about how it's going? I'm skeptical just like you. Guess I will find out next Saturday, 9/22 when my wife and I board the Regal for our cruise to New England and Canada.

i'm going to state that 100% fully implemented may mean that all cabins have access to the ***** features that have been released...

but certainly not all features that were, err, 'promoted' in the original presentation for *****...:evilsmile:

Interesting CruisingDeacon! If it were 100% implemented on the Regal for all passengers don't you think there would be more chatter about how it's going? I'm skeptical just like you. Guess I will find out next Saturday, 9/22 when my wife and I board the Regal for our cruise to New England and Canada.

Please let me know via this post whatever state ***** is in. Thanks

We were supposed to get Medallions on our Royal TA in April - told not ready for Prime Time. Now booked on Regal for November and were notified that OUR cabin is an ***** ready cabin. Princess also stated that there is now a note on our records to not move us unless they ask first because of the *****.

This infers that some cabins on the Regal will be ready - how much of the other parts of the ship, no way to tell. (Will your waiter be able to deliver a previously ordered drink while you are in the theater????)

I'd like to understand what part of the technology is causing the problem.

We’re on the Regal transatlantic right now and ***** still has only the limited few cabins working. Clearly not fully implemented. I will say, the internet is fabulous. Way faster than any ship I’ve sailed on. Not like at home ... but not a whole lot slower. No problems streaming video or FaceTime video to home. Pictures upload to FaceBook very quickly.

We’re on the Regal transatlantic right now and ***** still has only the limited few cabins working. Clearly not fully implemented. I will say, the internet is fabulous. Way faster than any ship I’ve sailed on. Not like at home ... but not a whole lot slower. No problems streaming video or FaceTime video to home. Pictures upload to FaceBook very quickly.

Thanks for the update BigGuy25!! Sounds like ***** won't be shipwide for our Nov 1st sailing outta Brooklyn. Great news about the internet speed, though! a013.gif

We were supposed to get Medallions on our Royal TA in April - told not ready for Prime Time. Now booked on Regal for November and were notified that OUR cabin is an ***** ready cabin. Princess also stated that there is now a note on our records to not move us unless they ask first because of the *****.

This infers that some cabins on the Regal will be ready - how much of the other parts of the ship, no way to tell. (Will your waiter be able to deliver a previously ordered drink while you are in the theater????)

I'd like to understand what part of the technology is causing the problem.

How can you tell your cabin is ***** ready? We are also cruising Regal in October but haven't noticed any kind of notation on our itinerary or cruise documents.

Thanks for the update BigGuy25!! Sounds like ***** won't be shipwide for our Nov 1st sailing outta Brooklyn. Great news about the internet speed, though! a013.gif

you would be surprised how much they can get done in 1 1/2 months. They basically have figured out the issue with the ***** on Caribbean, so they maybe able to get alot done quickly

you would be surprised how much they can get done in 1 1/2 months. They basically have figured out the issue with the ***** on Caribbean, so they maybe able to get alot done quickly

So far, the biggest surprise has been that now, almost a year after it was promised, Regal still isn't ready.

I don't know how anyone can possibly predict what will be done by 01-November.

I doubt that even princess knows.

...based on your previous post, they think it's ready now.

Thanks for the update BigGuy25. Looks like original 100 rooms are up and running as previously reported. Sure glad to hear internet is running smooth and very fast. That's sure a plus. Would be nice to find out from the Princess guru's what the hold-up is regarding full implementation. Of course, we board next Saturday and will enjoy our time onboard either way.

So far, the biggest surprise has been that now, almost a year after it was promised, Regal still isn't ready.

I don't know how anyone can possibly predict what will be done by 01-November.

I doubt that even princess knows.

...based on your previous post, they think it's ready now.

I have never said it is ready now. Someone else said the Regal is ready, but after they have gotten all the cabins on Caribbean with *****, now they can work on the other items that go with it, which it seems like they have been doing with embark/disembark. They wont need as many workers on the Caribbean to do the other items,so they should be able to start adding alot on the Regal as soon as she comes back and start getting some of the other perks that come with it.

It has been reported that temporary technicians, not Princess crew, is doing the majority of the work getting ***** up and running. This would make sense as it is special knowledge/training to do the work. It also has been reported on these pages that the technicians did not go with the Regal to Europe and that the ***** effort was mostly on the CB. Even with the knowledge of implementing ***** on the CB, it still will take time to implement it on the Regal. I would not expect to see all the cabins on the Regal using ***** at this time but surprises do happen.

I have seen this scenario over and over when I was working as an IT/engineer consultant. Management particularly marketing promises the world while the engineers/IT folks are in strong disagreement. Marketing always seems to win the day only to end up with egg all over their faces. Once again we are seeing it happen at Princess.

So tell us! How many people are working on this on caribbean?

How many will move to Regal, and on what date?

Don't know. dont work for the company. I said, it was my opinion. Lets not forget, Regal was the initial starting point, the only reason it didn't get done first was because the Regal went to Europe. If the Regal didn't goto Europe, it would be at the stage the Caribbean is at, if not, more. Look how long it took to get the caribbean. If they started when the Regal left for Europe in Apr/May, took them 4-5 mos, to start it from scratch and get all the decks up and running..

From a passengers point of view, is the ***** anything more than a different kind of room key? It seems that most of the benefits go to Princess.

It speeds up the embarkation process, allows them to ID you anywhere on board and offer you opportunities to buy more stuff, provides them with data on passenger movement and tells them which spaces get utilized and when. I don't see a lot of upsides for me as a passenger.