What to do between Embarkation and Sailaway??

UAL_FlyGal

Besides unpacking & muster? a050.gifWhich eateries are open to all, etc? We'll be on Regal. Thanks!!

International Cafe ,Alfredo's , Horizon Court and Bistro, Trident Grill, Prego Pizza all open all day for lunch and snacks, no charge. MDR from noon-1:30. Ocean Seafood Terrace is open, but it has a fee for food. Same for Vines for small bites.. You won't go hungry.

Head to Sanctuary and make reservations, if you want to do that during cruise. Go to Guest Services and sign up for Ultimate Ship Tour.

Explore the ship - takes a good while to go from top to bottom and explore the venues, etc. Take a spa tour, with the Enclave. Check out the sport court. Scout out the lounges and bars. Check your dining room table in MDR. Make any specialty restaurant reservations. Get your bearings. Unpack, if your luggage has arrived. Freshen up.

Muster drill - mandatory..

Sail-away - party on deck, weather permitting..

It all depends on how you cruise. If your interested in chief's table, use this time to locate and sign up. we would research the entire cruises menus to decide what nights to dine at specialty restaurants (this may not be possible anymore from what I've read here) make reservations if needed. Figure out what stairways to use, much faster than elevators.

We love to order room service lunch, mix a drink and sit out on our balcony and watch what is going on outside. Sometimes we have a great view and other times - nothing exciting happening.

It also depends if we are traveling with friends.

I would love to be able to get everything unpacked but usually it does not arrive for several hours. If you are new to the ship, then explore the ship after a nice lunch.

For us it is a great time to get our daily steps in! We walk all the public decks so we learn the ship from the lobby to the promenade to the Lido.

We will also stash some snacks from the Lido in our fridge as we love to celebrate sail away, just us, with a drink and snacks, on our balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always have embarkation lunch at Alfredo’s!!! And celebrate with a pitcher of sangria to wash down the yummy lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds great except for the fact that most ships don't have Alfredo's!

We love to order room service lunch, mix a drink and sit out on our balcony and watch what is going on outside. .

Do all ships have room service for lunch on embarkation day? I usually call room service to trade my mini bar for all diet cokes and never get through in a timely manner.

WoW!! Brilliant responses and I thank you for them!

I didn't know all of the aforementioned venues would be open ON embarkation day! Especially the MDR for lunch. What a friggin' treat!! d080.gif

Please note, though, that every time we've eaten embarkation lunch there the headwaiter has been strict about the 1:30 deadline. Arrive a bit later and you won't be seated, so if you don't have priority boarding try to get onboard ASAP.

Do all ships have room service for lunch on embarkation day? I usually call room service to trade my mini bar for all diet cokes and never get through in a timely manner.

I have not seen RS for food items on embarkation day.

They are usually busy with other turnaround duties.

When I have tried to call on several cruises the phone rings and rings.

I won't burden them with ordering stuff. I will just head out to a venue to eat.

I have not seen RS for food items on embarkation day.

They are usually busy with other turnaround duties.

When I have tried to call on several cruises the phone rings and rings.

I won't burden them with ordering stuff. I will just head out to a venue to eat.

I was responding to post # 10 who stated they get room service lunch on embarkation day. If they do get Room service on embarkation day it's not a burden on RS because they offer something which passengers can use. I didn't know that room service was even available on embarkation day and was asking the poster to clarify or anyone else who has FIRST hand knowledge if this is true.

I was responding to post # 10 who stated they get room service lunch on embarkation day. If they do get Room service on embarkation day it's not a burden on RS because they offer something which passengers can use. I didn't know that room service was even available on embarkation day and was asking the poster to clarify or anyone else who has FIRST hand knowledge if this is true.

Composer (Sandy) is usually in a suite.

This would be possible in a suite.

If not in a suite....... good luck.

You would have to get them to answer the phone to order any food.

That is my first hand knowledge. ;)

The MDR is open from noon until 1:30

I always explorer the ship.

There is a scavenger hunt. You get stamps and turn it in. The next day they have a raffle where they pick out one of them and prizes.

Culver City? I grew up in Culver City. Went to school at St. Augustines. Not too many people have heard of it where I live now. Loved it there. :D

Composer (Sandy) is usually in a suite.

This would be possible in a suite.

If not in a suite....... good luck.

You would have to get them to answer the phone to order any food.

That is my first hand knowledge. ;)

I only sail in full suites and I can't even get the dine line to answer for my first night complimentary dinner. I also can't get Room service to answer to trade my 2 mini bars for all diet cokes so the suite isn't the key. Is it your first hand experience to get room service lunch on embarkation day? I usually just go to the dining room, last week the Club class was open for lunch but prior to that cruise it was not so apparently it's ship decision and not consistent.