Silver Muse Specility Resturant Bookings

SY7DNEY CRUISER

It’s not the singles that are the problem it is the small groups of 4/8 that book a different restaurant in each couples name then decide on the day that in reality overbook the speciality restaurants in advance.This info came from a highly respected Maitre’d a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did that once by accident. We usually cruise with another couple and because I have the lightest work load, and the interest, I do a lot of the cruise planning and research. Once available I lay out the days on board and make recommendations for dinner for each night. Collectively we go over those and decide what if any reservations we want. I usually make the reservations under our name/cabin number for a party of four. Just once we were cruising on our anniversary so friends made La Dame reservations without telling us as a surprise and gift to us. So by accident we had Hot Rocks and La Dame reservations for the same night. I quickly canceled the Hot Rocks reservation once I knew about the La Dame dinner. In no way were we trying to game the reservation system nor would we ever.

If someone makes a reservation for 4 or 8 SS should require names and suite numbers for all parties in that reservation so no one can make multiple bookings for the same night. Easy fix.

Well, I hope that Silversea does the fix.

It's offensive to me that people are trying to corral all of the reservations by playing the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If someone makes a reservation for 4 or 8 SS should require names and suite numbers for all parties in that reservation so no one can make multiple bookings for the same night. Easy fix.

Agreed.Mentioned this at Reception three years ago .......nothing happened.Will mention to Maitre d on the Wind later this month.

Agreed.Mentioned this at Reception three years ago .......nothing happened.Will mention to Maitre d on the Wind later this month.

Unless they change the reservation system so that it requires all the cabin numbers of all the passengers on the reservation there’s not much that can be done.

I don't think this is the maitre d's decision to make. It's SS corporate that needs to lay down the law.

Easy fix.
We're talking about SS here. There are no easy IT fixes at SS. Heck, they don't even have a travel agent booking engine yet, so everybody has to call SS for cruise information. While the rest of the business world moves forward with mobile apps, SS seems to sit comfortably two decades behind.

If Silversea is smart about it, or if Royal Caribbean is sharp and takes responsibility sooner rather than later, Silversea's IT will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The consequence may be better service with sales and on board ship to repair this ludicrous, gameable restaurant booking system.

The takeover is not a moment too soon.

Happy and healthy sailing!

I have never been on the Royal Caribbean web site but I have been on the Celebrity site. The Celebrity site is horrible. It makes the Silversea site look great.

Just to play devil's advocate - I often cruise solo and will many times reserve a largish table in La Terrazza or Hot Rocks for myself and new friends. I wouldn't be able to do this if names and suite numbers for all parties had to be provided.

Just to play devil's advocate - I often cruise solo and will many times reserve a largish table in La Terrazza or Hot Rocks for myself and new friends. I wouldn't be able to do this if names and suite numbers for all parties had to be provided.

Nor should you be. What happens on the night where you've reserved a large table and you don't find the friends to dinner with you? You cancel. And you have deprived a legitimate large group of the opportunity to reserve. If you do this several times you will have impacted the trip for a lot of other people. Wouldn't it be better to reserve a smaller table and then, if the need arises, ask the maitre d' on board to expand the reservation if possible?