Can Balcony doors on Solstice be opened

JOANN226

We have three balcony rooms booked on the Solstice in June, we would like to have them opened so we can all enjoy being together. We had this on NCL at one time, and now they do not allow it, we really missed that. We are on Deck 9. So if you have done it let me know.

Thanks Joann

You can have the partitions in between the balconies taken out.

Well, not quite. There's a 3 foot section of plexiglass type material on hinges attached to the permanent part of the partition and the other end attached to the railing. Your stateroom attendant has a tool to detach it from the rail, and it is folded back and attached to the permanent portion of the partition with a couple of clamps..

Yes, you can request the partitions be opened. Personally I have never done it since I'll have no privacy unless I keep the curtains closed all the time, which defeats the purpose. I just don't like the idea of having friends/relatives outside my balcony looking in... :eek::eek::eek:

If you want to stop your neighbours entering your cabin via the balcony remember to use the white locking knob at the top-middle of the sliding doors.

Another reason why I don't like to open up the partitions. I don't want to keep reminding myself to lock the balcony door.

Forgive me, but if I know the people in the adjoining cabin well enough to open up and share a balcony, I trust them enough that I don't have to worry about my verandah door being locked at all times.

Forgive me, but if I know the people in the adjoining cabin well enough to open up and share a balcony, I trust them enough that I don't have to worry about my verandah door being locked at all times.

Not "at all times" - just certain times.

Archived