NCL Cruise Service Charge Refund

bussub

Can we still get a refund on the service charge if we did not get a form on the ship? Is there a email to contact NCL about service charge refund? Thanks so much.

I seriously doubt it. If you had thought there was a good enough reason to get a refund you should have handled it while on the ship. :eek:

Can we still get a refund on the service charge if we did not get a form on the ship? Is there a email to contact NCL about service charge refund? Thanks so much.

You should never cancel your service charge. It's like walking out on a restaurant and not leaving a tip. Never do it.

We did complain to guests services about recurring water leakage in the bathroom, so NCL will have a record of our complaints. We didn't know about the option to adjust the service charge until now. Will reducing the service charge affect the salary of the staff? Remember reading somewhere that it may not affect staffs' pay but not sure. Thanks so much.

There is never a good reason to remove your service charges. Period.

Absolutely disagree. While it should be the very last course of action, there are plenty of valid reasons for customers to want to reduce or remove their service charges as has been documented many times on this forum.

• Like 1

Absolutely disagree. While it should be the very last course of action, there are plenty of valid reasons for customers to want to reduce or remove their service charges as has been documented many times on this forum.

Nope, sorry. I might feel differently if there were a way to separate the pool, but there isn’t. And even if, for example, you had the absolute worst cabin steward in the world, removing the DSC also takes money away from all the other staff members who did absolutely nothing wrong. Unless every single staff member you encountered in your whole cruise did a deplorable job, there is no valid reason to remove it. Obviously that’s my opinion, but I truly don’t understand how people justify it. If you don’t want to pay it, don’t cruise.

They just gave me a piece if paper with the website link I needed to go to to remove the charges

It took about 6 weeks for the refund

Amazingly the refund came in 48 hours after I disputed the charge with my cc. Lol

And nope...it's nobody's business why I removed it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2

Nope, sorry. I might feel differently if there were a way to separate the pool, but there isn’t. And even if, for example, you had the absolute worst cabin steward in the world, removing the DSC also takes money away from all the other staff members who did absolutely nothing wrong. Unless every single staff member you encountered in your whole cruise did a deplorable job, there is no valid reason to remove it. Obviously that’s my opinion, but I truly don’t understand how people justify it. If you don’t want to pay it, don’t cruise.

Do you really think the staff are getting your dsc handed to them directly?

It goes into a pool...and we have no clue at all where it goes or how it's distributed or how often. It's a negative comment card that is the real danger to crew not someone removing dsc

My take....

Ncl grabs dsc from us

They do whatever they do with it

They give a small bonus check perhaps on a monthly basis based on a prearranged % that is more than likely a minimum agreed upon % via contractual arrangement

Removing dsc isn't hurting anyone because ncl will pay their employees a satisfactory amount or risk losing them

And is your decision

Give cash if you want

Don't concern yourself with crew salary etc.

That's Ncl's responsibility

Crew are not slave labor

They take the jobs willingly

We did complain to guests services about recurring water leakage in the bathroom, so NCL will have a record of our complaints. We didn't know about the option to adjust the service charge until now. Will reducing the service charge affect the salary of the staff? Remember reading somewhere that it may not affect staffs' pay but not sure. Thanks so much.

I probably would have asked for compensation in the form of OBC if it was something that really disrupted your week. Or even asked to be moved to a different cabin (if one was available). This wouldn't be something related to the daily service charge as many have said.

I have news for you posters they are offering this onboard because of maintenance issues. I refused and contacted a representative of the staff not the cruise line. Maintenence is part of the room steward to a point we where told. We had a smoke detector malfunction 3 nights in a row and we where offered gratuitie refunds because we prepaid. All I wanted was dinner for my trouble.

We accepted that the DSC is an included cost of the cruise. We had an OBC which we did not use. We went to the service desk and signed a form transferring the OBC money to our room steward who was a nice guy and deserved a little extra.

• Thanks 1

You should never cancel your service charge. It's like walking out on a restaurant and not leaving a tip. Never do it.

I would walk out of a restaurant without leaving a tip if I had not had good service.

Go On : bring it on !

• Like 2

I would walk out of a restaurant without leaving a tip if I had not had good service.

Go On : bring it on !

I do too. After I've brought the problem to the server's attention, and then a manager if need be. And they did nothing to resolve whatever it was.

I hope i'm not stepping on a land mine here but if im making a mistake i would like to know.

I usually take a few bucks off the DSC while still onboard and then leave my room steward some good ole USC and usually after a few days onboard i have a fav waiter and leave them some cash.

I can see there may be some problems with that now.? I grasp what everyone says here , to me it seems like the diff between leaving a 15% tip for standard service and/or leaving 18-20% for extra service.

I hope i'm not stepping on a land mine here but if im making a mistake i would like to know.

I usually take a few bucks off the DSC while still onboard and then leave my room steward some good ole USC and usually after a few days onboard i have a fav waiter and leave them some cash.

I can see there may be some problems with that now.? I grasp what everyone says here , to me it seems like the diff between leaving a 15% tip for standard service and/or leaving 18-20% for extra service.

I'm ok with it. I posted on a suite thread about bad service from my Butler I opened up the envelope and gave it to my Steward who actually worked. Thought I would take some cc heat but they where ok.

Cheap people disgust me.

So removing dsc because of horrendous service that was not corrected by ships management makes the person cheap?

And cheap people disgust you?

Does it really matter to anyone if you are disgusted?

Do you think anyone will care?

Sorry but it's not about you at all but if you want to let others who have their own reasons for removing dsc disgust you...heck go for it. Make your self miserable

But...

If service is terrible and not corrected....you can bet my dsc is being removed

That might disgust you but I call it standing up for myself and not being taken for a fool

• Like 1

I always tip my steward above the DSC if a great job was done, and bring $1 for the bartenders. My dd has special dietary needs, and I always tip the person who deals with them extra.

Yes, but only the server would have gotten that tip where as the daily service charge is divided among more than just one person.

Not true much like a DSC a wait staff tips out the bartenders and the busboy. Granted it's 2 people in a single night with a couple shift a week it's probably equivalent if not worse to that bartender or busboy you stiffed on land.