Equinox Live June 16-23, 2018

BermudaBound2014

That was, by far, the most pleasant embarkation ever!. Left comfort suites in fll at 9:37- at the pier by 10:20- sitting on board with Champaign in my hand at 10:33 am. Bravo to ridessas and celebrity for a seamless morning.ab3b699928a603f89d50b34fd01c7de2.jpg932263b82b6f6d0f749c2b98e724d8ef.jpg

It’s been 26 years since I was married onboard the inaugural voyage of celebrity zenith. Looking forward to experiencing Celebrity again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooms ready at 1:00 exactly. We are in a standard balcony cabin. I can’t see how anyone would have difficulty with the storage. Cabin is lovely- perfectly fine.

I could use some help. I didn’t pay much attention to what the perks were for captains club select club. Below is a flyer left in the room. Can someone please explain the laundry perk(is it just pressing One item?). Also what are the restrictions with the “internet package- 25% off any single package”. We aren’t doing a 7 day package but were thinking about a 24 hour pass mid week to catch up. Thanks in advance.

1ebb00bdd0fc1b1c9ee48185aa760353.jpg

f7ffee64bb3db082db31d0b4ad7e839c.jpg

And this is probably known by everyone, but also we have a 30% off embarkation day speciality restaurant coupon in the room. 412b1040bde07c82a49751c815bd1d1d.jpg

The laundry perk is two items pressed. Must both be done at the same time. I’m not familiar with the different internet packages Celebrity offers, but you get 25% off the one you select. Discount must be applied when you first purchase the package. The I-Lounge attendants could give you more information. From personal experience, when we used our laptop in our cabin, the X site asks you to input your folio number in and that automatically brings up the discount you are entitled to and you select that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I have a question about the Daily that you posted..in it, under the dress code title it states that men need a long sleeve shirt even on Casual days...I know that the first night they're not enforcing the code as much as future evenings so if you could report back perhaps in a few days and let me know if you see men in short sleeve shirts in the MDR in the evening? Just wondering if that's one of those things they post but don't actually enforce. DH has previously worn short sleeve button up golf type shirts with his khakis on casual nights and fit right in with what most were wearing...

Thanks and keep up the great pics!

Thank you so much for posting the planners, keep them coming. I am also interested in the dress code as we usually dress up for dinner but because this cruise is in summer we were planning on my husband wearing slacks with short sleeves. Never has been a problem in the past.

The long vs short sleeves gets discussed here almost every time someone post the embarkation day daily. The daily says long sleeves, but this is not the policy that is enforced and men wearing short sleeves is very common in the MDR on casual nights.

Muster [emoji736]. I have to say, it was long at 35 minutes. The video was cute (we Americans sure do insist on being entertained). They took the rest very seriously. The entire process was handled with competency (unlike some of my more recent muster experiences). I especially liked that they led groups out by row starting with the first row (in the theatre at least). First in/first out. Of course, chaos has most certainly erupted by now at the elevators. I climbed from deck 3 to 8. Note to self- must climb more. I exercise regularly but I don’t remember being winded after only 5 flights ever. I think we are just tired (that’s what I’m telling myself anyway). :).

No sight of luggage- anywhere. Not one single piece in the hallway on deck 8. I think I must call in agent Blair and Oliver.

It’s a lovely day here in Miami. Ironically Michigan is under a heat advisory. Cooler here than home. That’s an oddity for sure.

We have officially set sail. I’ll loose cell in a few so this will be my last post of the evening. Tomorrow is key west and we have family from

Islamorada meeting us in Mallory square. Key West always shows up with good time.

5759bc26042f733455e5b7d1a6153cd2.jpg

8a6c3b300e12037036b09c748134c66e.jpg

7eeb9e14f7cb08b331b3fc39089c2e27.jpg

Thanks so much for your live review! DH and I are looking forward to our 1st voyage on Equinox in late July. We’ve been on her sister Reflection and always have had a wonderful time.

Quick question: From photos I’ve seen of the loungers on Equinox, those that are in the shade seem to be facing the ocean, as opposed to those on Reflection, which are perpendicular to the sea. Can you confirm this? We always prefer the shady spots on the ship, but if these loungers face the sea, it seems there might be fewer of them than on Reflection.

Thanks, and have a great cruise!

The long vs short sleeves gets discussed here almost every time someone post the embarkation day daily. The daily says long sleeves, but this is not the policy that is enforced and men wearing short sleeves is very common in the MDR on casual nights.

I was told on-board when I asked once that what they meant was "no tank tops", or "at least have some sleeve." Celebrity's copy editors/proofers are not the best. Fortunately for all of us, most all of their crews are! :-)

actually if they enforced the long sleeve shirt policy on Caribbean cruises, many men would not be able to eat in the dining room at all....I, for one, don't even pack a long sleeved shirt. I don't recall the long sleeve shirt policy ever being enforced on any celebrity cruise we've taken anywhere in the world.

We were on the 6/2 sailing and hadn’t been on celebrity in a while. The 4 perks we received certainly made the cruise even better. We’ve never had such a small balance due at the end of a cruise. Our cabin attendant, dining staff and Martini bar staff were terrific. Nightly entertainment, not so much. Calm seas, key west and the weather were what also made this cruise a good one. Will consider celebrity in the future but only if we can get the perks we did on this cruise.