Info on Legend 2018 Dry Dock

justjan2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It needs more dining options. It doesn't have: Guy's Burgers, BlueIguana Cantina, BBQ, Seafood Shack, Cucina del Capitano, JiJi Asian Kitchen, Tandoor, and Shake Spot. It also doesn't have: Red Frog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, and Alchemy Bar.

I don't expect the ship to have all of them. It just needs more than it has.

I will be on the Legend in about two weeks. It sucks that the dry dock won't happen until after my cruise.

Edited by Tiger0613

I've heard they are bringing it up to par with the spirit. Adding Guy's burger joint the cantina Fat Jimmys BBQ and a movie screen for dive in movies as well as adding the rum and tequila bars to lido. Also getting rid of freshies seafood that nobody knew existed and the "Generic" burger shop. The kids clubs won't probably get a face lift as they got some love last September/October on the transpacific home from Hawaii.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Published 11/30/2015 01:19 PM | Updated 03/28/2017 01:21 PM

The following ships are scheduled for dry dock in 2017 and 2018.

Carnival Breeze dry dock: 4/16/17 - 4/29/17

• Routine hotel maintenance

• Cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting

• Alchemy Bar (will replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)

• Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (will replace Fat Jimmy's Seaside BBQ)

During all dry docks, vessels receive routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting.

As additional details are confirmed, information will be updated below. 

Carnival Elation dry dock: 8/31/17 - 9/27/17

Carnival Conquest dry dock: 9/30/17 - 10/13/17

Carnival Victory dry dock: 1/04/18 - 1/20/18

Carnival Fascination dry dock: 1/31/18 - 2/17/18

Carnival Paradise dry dock: 2/22/18 - 3/25/18

Carnival Legend dry dock: 5/01/18 - 5/14/18

Carnival Inspiration dry dock: 11/05/18 - 11/15/18

Edited by cajunfla
Clarification

I know that the 2018 dry dock is still a year away but has anyone heard where it will drydock? Since they will be headed to Alaska I am wondering (hoping) if they are going to do it in Portland Or. This drydock is used for cruise ships from time to time. I live just a few miles from Portland. IF they do drydock here I am hoping I can get a chance to see it going up the Columbia and Wilamette rivers. I would take some time off work to see this if they are navigating the rivers during the day time.

My Alaska cruise on the Legend is not until Aug 2018 and therefore will be after the drydock. I have a 4K room booked.

If you have a look at the dates of the cruises in 2018. there is a 2 week spot in May. The Legend will be in Vancouver Canada then. the have dry dock facilties there. they have done a couple of RCCL boats. Will get the upgrade to match other Spirit class ships. eg Guy's, Fat Jimmys, Cantina ETC. Can't wait...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I so hope it gets the outdoors movie screen! I booked the Vancouver to Hawaii and was so looking forward to the nighttime movies....I didn't realize it didn't have it:(

I would love Guys burger as well! Here's hoping!

Kim

I so hope it gets the outdoors movie screen! I booked the Vancouver to Hawaii and was so looking forward to the nighttime movies....I didn't realize it didn't have it:(

I would love Guys burger as well! Here's hoping!

Kim

When is your trip?

Jill

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
subbing. i'm planning on booking the July 31, 2018 sailing also and hoping for an alchemy bar and will do Cheers!

We were on the Legend this summer and had Cheers and spent every night at the Plaza Bar. It looks exactly like the Alchemy Bar, the bartenders wear the white lab coats, the menu is awesome and lights up, etc. Javon and Adrien are wonderful and there is an amazing duo that plays modern jazz type music right next to the area. We loved it!

And, yes, Javon said they officially become the Alchemy in Spring 2018 at the dry dock. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums