Cruising Carnival Vista while 18 Weeks pregnant.

skyemhill

Looking for advice for cruising while pregnant. I know I need a note from my doctor for carnival. I am wondering if there is anyway to embark earlier than normal based on the need to not wanting to be waiting around and same for disembarking.

Any advice would be great!

I would say get Fttf if you want to get on and off earlier. It would also get you on a tender quicker if you have any and also have your room ready. I don't think carnival would make any special arranments for you other wise due to pregnancy.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Only way is buy FTTF. Pregnancy is not a reason for special treatment (coming from a mother of 3).

I am not looking for special treatment just because I am pregnant. I am just trying to see what might be out there and available. I have never been pregnant and do not know what to expect from my body. My first trimester was very rough and I am just wanting to be informed. Thanks for your opinion.

You may want to bring some documentation on where you are in term. We have seen others asked about "how far along are you" in regards to the 6 month rule. Having the doc would be back up only but maybe nice to ahve.

like the previous poster said bring the documentation from your doctor verifying how many weeks you are along because you are close enough to the 24 week they could refuse entrance

Also if you happen to start getting nauseous on the boat get into the swimming pool I know it sounds weird but it will help with the nausea

Looking for advice for cruising while pregnant. I know I need a note from my doctor for carnival. I am wondering if there is anyway to embark earlier than normal based on the need to not wanting to be waiting around and same for disembarking.

Nope. You have no medical condition that warrants early boarding or debarkation. I would suggest purchasing FTTF if you want those things.

Also if you happen to start getting nauseous on the boat get into the swimming pool I know it sounds weird but it will help with the nausea

I've never heard this, is it specific to pregnancy or nausea in general?

I traveled on a cruise many years ago while pregnant. I guess it was before you were required to get a note from a Dr because no-one asked me how far along I was. The main memory that I have is how faint/hot I felt while touring the Mayan ruins (please drink lots of water and rest in the shade) and craving pickle juice like crazy. I also napped more than normal on board and had a tough time staying awake for the late night comedy shows. Other than that, I had a great experience. Sometimes the crowds in the buffet line can be a bit much as I felt that I was always having to keep a little distance to keep people from bumping into my belly.

I think the cautions against potential viruses is very valid though. I would also be sure to use the sanitizer onboard frequently since there tend to be more germs in a closed in area.

Congrats!

DW and I cruised when she was 4 months pregnant with our son.

That cruise is on a very short list of cruises we wish we had not done.

We went with the idea that it would be a while before we would be comfortable leaving our kids at home or taking them on a cruise.

It was a while, about 4 years as DD came quickly behind DS.

But their’s been 25 cruises since then and many more to come.

It’s probably too late for you to cancel without penalty, so I don’t think we would cancel in your situation, but we’d probably do things differently than we would normally do on a cruise.

For starters, we’d get to the ship late and plan to leave late to avoid the crowds.

Shore excursion choices would be no walking, preferably right off the dock to a shaded beach or pool. And if that was not available we’d probably stay on board.

On board we’d for sure have a balcony (they were not common back then), and fixed time early dining and we’d ask for a table close to the door (and restroom) in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also fttf does not get you off the boat earlier except in tender ports

If u want to get off early carry your luggage off and u can walk off first

Diamond Platinum and FTTF self debark first, then everyone else.[emoji3]

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

Call Carnival and ask them to put you on the 'accessible list', it's for the handicapped, people with children in strollers, you'll get the muster where you can sit, and special access to tenders, boarding, and leaving the ship.

We are currently on the vista for 2 weeks doing a daily review, go to the thread and ask any question you might come up with, we'll try to get you an answer.

Call Carnival and ask them to put you on the 'accessible list', it's for the handicapped, people with children in strollers, you'll get the muster where you can sit, and special access to tenders, boarding, and leaving the ship.

We are currently on the vista for 2 weeks doing a daily review, go to the thread and ask any question you might come up with, we'll try to get you an answer.

I have never heard of them being designated for people with children in strollers. Do you know how many people would qualify per cruise? They can have regular cabins just fine.

How does being in an accessible cabin get you those things if you aren’t physically handicapped? I have stayed in those types of rooms twice and there was nothing to differentiate what type of cabin I was in on my S&S card or by any other means. No I’m not disabled in any way, I got “stuck” with one when it’s all that was left close to sailing and the second time when they were released to everyone I upgraded. Being pregnant hardly qualifies as a disability as far as cruising goes.

Girl you'll be okay, there are plenty of places you can sit and rest yourself if you have a long wait. Just relax and have a little patience, it'll be a great vacation!

Pregnancy does not always go as planned. We were scheduled for our first cruise on the Sensation, preceded by a week at WDW, back in 2011 when I found out I was pregnant. I would have been 18 weeks at sailing, so totally allowable. I had bought insurance when we booked the cruise, mostly because I was worried that DH would have a work issue arise. I was scheduled to have my anatomy scan the day after we returned home from our trip but something made me ask to have it moved up to the day before our trip. During the ultrasound they discovered that I had complete placenta previa and placenta increta, the latter of which can cause potentially life threatening hemorrhage. My maternal fetal doctor told me that there was no way I was going on a cruise, or even leaving the city I live in, for the remainder of my pregnancy. We immediately went to work cancelling the trip and dealing with insurance. Because my condition wasn't a normal complication of pregnancy, it was covered and we received a refund. 18 weeks later, my youngest made his way into the world with no small amount of drama and after 17 days in the NICU we brought home a healthy baby.

My advice - buy insurance and make yourself aware of what it will or will not cover. Most of the time everything will be fine, but be prepared just in case.

Edited by scoutfinch72