Carnival Glory 2nd time around - Eastern Caribbean May 12 - 19

RenoNanaOz

Just a little background before I start the review. We (DH and I) booked this cruise in February of 2017 and kind of put it at the back of our mind because it was going to be a long wait. In July I received a "can't pass up job offer" in Reno, NV, we were living in Las Vegas at the time. DH is retired from the State of NV and we were ready to try living somewhere else but not too far from the kids and grand kids. This seemed perfect, so the first of August I moved into a Hotel in Reno and started my new job. DH stayed to sell the house and oversee the movers. Moved into an apartment in September, moved into our new house in December and after the holidays it finally dawned on us, our cruise is coming up very soon! We chose this cruise for the Ports, we had never been to any of them and because we sailed the Glory two years ago(Western Caribbean) and just loved it. Ports were Grand Turk, San Juan, St Thomas and Amber Cove.

January - Purchased tickets to Miami

February - Made reservation at Miami Beach Hotel as we would be there two days before cruise

March - Made packing lists, Grand Kids visited for Spring Break.

April - Really started counting down the days with the FB Group we joined.

May - Several projects at work to get done before Wednesday May 9th.......

Coming up! Travel to Miami and two day stay.

We left Reno on Wednesday May 9th on the 6:40pm flight to Miami via a two hour layover at LAX. I had worked Grave the last 3 nights to get my projects done before leaving so I was pretty exhausted. Flights were all uneventful and we arrived in Miami at 7:30am on Thursday May 10th. Sometime during the flight one of our caryy ons had been moved. So when we went to retrieve them DH just grabbed the two where we put ours (the one was identical to ours) and we went to baggage claim to get the big ones. It took almost an hour to get them but good thing because while we were sitting there a guy walks up and said "I think we have each others bag". Sure enough they looked identical and either DH grabbed the wrong one ;) or they truly did get moved. Anyway at that point we were so thankful that it took so long for the other bags to come. Went out and grabbed a LYFT and off we went to our Hotel. We Chose Circa39 because of a few things, great ratings, good location and beach access. We were lucky enough to be able to check in early. We walked over to a place called The Tavern and had some breakfast and delicious coffee. then we hit the beach for a nap and to just relax.

6EuRceokjlmT0cyiIj6gkQ2mNN1xz4HF2AMSmZnEr5jdSGYWhOuu2WRb-sEACaR6Egwhi9HRqNbFfJYKrcQNXASoyY8QO7K6dDk8xdG8WhUEIjKOeEipDfRyh7n4PJ0vmvzTeSOUxZ5dGDW2enEtw1I6paZ9slpa5zO7NIM6RyNOhFmwAU00h-d-4on2B7nZKheSZ_vGPKEiYKl01fUz_0JPw17YANQo3h8VAGiIB4RiLDct4iWnoqQL2UCbt-gaNTdvCk61XyO8imyDXO4ubjT7lN6PmObl3_YsTXmSFm4DpINBvdD3Tgsmz1Q-p7w95gbvlfNRc8EhXAQlg0Ym1njZhLJAyq4RZgKBaYwl0tKos4z7bBPs-aBi8BcQl9Rumx2KZ1RntDbPgoikhR0555zmTlKPe06gGhbxl6y45ysxLHM1XgYba3XMGQYYdAlDCdiges87H37eIC5s9zJdsRGANrAhtlMsA2d2Mv5e5v4QItEV6cE7SHlVpKJwGivumjFz-mb5pMIyrOsMGEB7vnlofUkBWRnntdvfISnpeQFaqKKbDCmHV_jDiTKglcOCKv7AF-4WvMPcSs1OYYtUVlW82vmmuSSwqc3CNw=w456-h810-no

So after spending a few hours relaxing at the beach we headed back to the room for a REAL nap! The Hotel had a real nice Happy Hour so we got up, got ready and headed down to check it out. They had some really good snacks and drinks. We had Chicken Wings and Sliders and both were yummy (sorry no pics). I had the best Pina Colada and DH had a Mai Tai. The Bartender heard me say how much I love Coconut and she brought me a shot of Coconut Rum. WOW that was so smooth and delicious>

ps9IIg2Vn1cG0tTts37voi5EiYM8hrK8YRCVBoKGPlpsMmAlJ3Oi2XSIY0V2V4kVejTATvYEg1Qjmul1DYWb9EGnaiwp1RpiLHZWFiH07N7NK8X1MfJ8C6TnVhlj-jCMP11bEaZeu0uq6Vx4LSKomzioPxXs3l9qeUJPVtsYyuepkyNvQjllDt1xUK7wLRMLLmpZViPVFdFbqGPgO1CUWtWXoxPeUlRlU8MHvjvuerYOKGNRh-5IDykTRo9620vSv_OBSgn65ejRDeajyPvkvNgoPQSdbKZ5A4PO9NvX9u9tg4N6I-aOvVZQm2FchICrjbRfv-FULQLVMY-QO6sNmmiTaGrbx29F5nnFUXDfAdyTEZfPJ3NYN1VmMYjHqd33ZcYHORzpQAGdUMMvnb6rQIMBPl1PZ2bBlMVZs0knHyWfyLHPqgsPUrTV46QVQwftQS_uXwsPjhY0lnGKo0L1wEt4obtN8d3RK5J3ywuDGwmDfV2MkzYS9-GI2MjgIuzuR-ReukWVde-p1dyAhoxCVOeNt4zdn5EKPGGgip_weuzISg8j2cL9R4rywcYcPZMFMjHWUn2VhHJC3S5FZz4lw8gIIwONLJ0Q49IkFg=w608-h810-no

2fB9VmG4VWrNmrwdamk1QVQ0qWKfJYw1wJvgDKhsp_kDzDT-786-PmtSKFgPAJzBgKTp60GkgRepfIDIQaBLFKBUWA5tJUqeZ46CPpj7BPTbnu3cHFMdPHcahSBPwoduO9DWT0-afIMnDzZCTgw7-_34bhOL4D6nP1Xtve-s0vEnYpJwRPfx3oku02Y_4wTwlYB_3rhDYX_UvBOuN_EVXwfppKzplb-mS65l0a-J8RhK0OHCjXuWaNmyarqjOCgVhFQtjRu8lh_Bk9G1zDUk6H3aZHBFx2YChxcNGZtgJQnIt_vCXs2C5FTitC-yXIiznzpT-cb4cov4SMwipexsNTZMcyzjcW1lSsWALttliQZqhUNQigfFlpk7Wb1owil9-TooyNrAQuWVURHTWw3OVxInk48QKVFOCy5NvyWmQHjyFqHy9MwA8c0S87qhj_Qxh_P7IZrS63y6snLLYBeVmkWnruaSjArq5vmKg2w8xlT22X_tnrWGdeQm92foOBo86-nKY1XViPx0nGgNX5NifqKaVP8IMgJcr02duVLaa9iqBWfMsUgbvlwSfdxWDAfqHkXka3MSuifm3jPxZJG0IToRaHzdj1NHOAshXw=w608-h810-no

After drinks and snacks we went for a walk and found this cool little Bar called The Reef Bar. Hung out there and had a drink and watched the Tango Lessons going on. Then back to the Hotel and an early bedtime. next day we took a LYFT to Bayside Market Place. We just walked around, listened to some Live Music and had Lunch. Then back to the Hotel and repack for TOMORROW!! We grabbed some sandwiches at the little Deli next door and called it a night.

Embarkation Day has finally arrived! We were up around 7am and walked to the deli next door to get some Coffee. DH got a muffin, no breakfast for me I was saving my appetite for a Guys Burger. We had FTTF so about 9:30 we got a LYFT and headed to Port. Thankfully our driver was very familiar with the Port. We arrived about 20 minutes later, got our luggage out and a Porter was right there to put the big Orange FTTF sticker on them. He told us to walk around the line (which was already rather long) and get in the FTTF line. We walked around and found that there was NO Line. Showed our Passports and Boarding passes and were let in to go through Security. Bags through and we were ushered to the FTTF waiting area. they were definitely checking your boarding pass to make sure it said FTTF. We saw several people turned away. No the excitement is really setting in so I started talking with others with our FB Group. About 11:15 they called for FTTF and away we went. I really like that now they have two lines, one if you want a picture and one if you want to bypass. We skipped the picture and went straight on the Ship. We had an Aft balcony on Deck 7. The doors were closed and no longer state that you can enter. However a Steward was coming out, we asked and showed him our boarding pass and he said yes go right ahead...SWEET! So we dropped off our carry ons and headed to the Lido. DH wasn't hungry so he grabbed a drink while I got my lunch: A burger and a Thirsty Red Beer...ahhhh finally feels like vacation.

Udz1zZMLKEXQB-8FRkOW5EpQcYVQztD57BQ4dBEenKrTE91iIfIb7Wz6DkzRtIcrZ8b1bPELZIPZdLK3Q2zWYgbhXv2XwAXeDCp_9mmWngpy3JBWbbvVIliTxdg1K2ISqF40YUdPNlbt4l-o92qQog0kPE15GlfrOR8z5srPiFurKgWX7b-T0HwmVCgW5r6A__oMGeavsCEvYbWNruYOef-X59o6576znUa7lkZsvmCoM4W9g-7vUFvL29u06vYUz-eQDRgjMNnvmxNzfv1KstZ2qo5ac6DsX1Jn8F82gPl9TKXR-d5yGsTSfdU4JkA6vnxSHPmEhwXl9e3Z7NRNadHVIa0XwXJnEdPYrFO4UQ2FRtxdbqxIhQ7dcvtzSQXqD7x2PkDPGPFj4w4NTKv5cVzO5Kn7aI3An-ytKSBtJhAz8MdxqmmMMmDyAcBlQoGCjrLDAodOae3C2P7CcyyjOSNc6DdicWCMQBXmIgjP6BtfGZdRBuX8JKlwEKvruIwDCtdGtceL5-z-cS8dbHYPMnbULni4VBWZc14_SKBdw8ThAx8OoRToYjv2PF09dNdew2fXSnLtfQtXtOmNasoplVuZr26sdNKhdKbvSQ=w608-h810-no

Are you sure they allow you to post them to other sites? Or maybe you aren't doing it in the proper format for here?

You can share photos, I think it may be because I am doing it from my work PC and there are ALOT of blocks on our PC's because I work in IT. I will try to post one later when I get home. thanks for your help.