So Called Double Upgrade is Back

baytraller

This so called double upgrade is book an inside and be upgraded to verandah stateroom

The problem is that the price for the inside staterooms have all been significantly increased in price

We normally book category 5 Oceanview staterooms and have been checking the price for a number of cruises on the Journey

As the inside staterooms have been increased to a level above the oceanviews they have also had to be increased

As an example last week the 22nd June cruise on the Journey cat 5 was $5482 the price is now $7119 AUD

28th September last week $6678 now $7549 AUD all the cruises we have been monitoring are now significantly higher for Cat 5

The verandah staterooms may now be lower than they were last week with the double upgrade

But this is a misleading promotion

Same for South America with the Persuit in March.

The prices (in Germany) for Inside has increased last week from 2.291 to 2.944€.

Veranda (V3) last week was 3.531 € (but with a lot of perks) now is 2.944 € without perks. And even 400 € more expensive than before the last Promotion in June.

Do they want to fool us?

Same for South America with the Persuit in March.

The prices (in Germany) for Inside has increased last week from 2.291 to 2.944€.

Veranda (V3) last week was 3.531 € (but with a lot of perks) now is 2.944 € without perks. And even 400 € more expensive than before the last Promotion in June.

Do they want to fool us?

They keep on trying so it must be working some of the time.

Interesting comments.

At this point our upcoming spring cruise is about $700. cheaper than what we paid, but as I understand it this voyage is not included in the special.

What IS offered, is the same voyage with a 3 day stay in the embarking city with hotel and included meals.

For those interested it does seem worth considering.

Apologies for leaving out information in the above post.

I was called away to deal with an issue.

The cruise package including the 3 day pre-cruise hotel is the same price for a veranda as the cruise alone.

Other offers including the “City Stays” feature may bear examination as I suggested above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What happens in my experience with the "double upgrades" is that during the "deal" the prices for the inside staterooms are increased to match the prices of the balconies staterooms (which do not change). So if you were looking to book, of course you go with the balcony for the price of an inside....

What happens in my experience with the "double upgrades" is that during the "deal" the prices for the inside staterooms are increased to match the prices of the balconies staterooms (which do not change). So if you were looking to book, of course you go with the balcony for the price of an inside....

Yes. Definitely. One I was looking at this morning didn’t seem quite updated on the front page it said book for $3,200 Canadian but when you clicked into it the price of an inside and balcony was now over $4,000 pp

The double upgrade does not seem to be available in the UK.

On the website today they are offering reductions on selected voyages until the end of October.

I had an email earlier today offering the double upgrade and I'm in the UK. Having seen the comments about manipulating pricing I didn't even bother to open it but have just looked at it and it is indeed available in the UK

I had an email earlier today offering the double upgrade and I'm in the UK. Having seen the comments about manipulating pricing I didn't even bother to open it but have just looked at it and it is indeed available in the UK

Hmmm...I didn’t think the new Double Upgrade promotion was being offered in the UK markets. :confused:

I’ll see if I can get a clarification for you (and me) by Monday.

We have taken the double upgrade previously ............+ free flights, 1 night in Singapore. Wasnt a cheap holiday, but a bargain in comparison.

The cruise we curently have booked on pursuit was discounted (easter promo) + as LCVs we recieved an extra 10% off. Swings and roundabouts as they say here. Book early with an agent who can cancel without too much penalty. USA/CA residents can switch easily.

If you book any holiday, and drop your deposit in the box, youre willing to pay that price surely?

We have a cruise booked 24th Feb on pursuit. I can almost guarantee that the curent price will drop as 6 months out the ship is less than half full. Wont bother me a jot. Im in the cabin i want, portside, at the price im willing to pay. David

Mr Twynam has confirmed that the Double Upgrade promo is not available in the UK market. Your market has the More More More campaign...save up to £1000 on select 2019 itineraries.

Mr Twynam has confirmed that the Double Upgrade promo is not available in the UK market. Your market has the More More More campaign...save up to £1000 on select 2019 itineraries.

Why then does Azamara continue discriminatory practices by offering differential deals across different world markets. Such behaviours are inconsistent with Azamara espoused ‘family’ values.

Why then does Azamara continue discriminatory practices by offering differential deals across different world markets. Such behaviours are inconsistent with Azamara espoused ‘family’ values.

Not only that but they have the gall to email UK residents the deal.

It has nothing to do with discriminatory practices nor company values. Each market has their own rules and regulations. The UK has the UK ASA rules which our in-market management considers when deciding which promotion to offer.

Looking into the price. Yes interiors have been increased. However I note the double upgrade is to any balcony category (not entry level or guarantee). Hence why interiors have increased to align with the top tier balcony.

Sorry Chris86 you have that backwards. If this were a real promotion, the veranda cabins would be lowered to the previous price of the inside and the inside would remain the same. Based on reports, the insides are now more expensive if someone prefers one and and the verandas are the same price as before the so called promotion

A promotion is generally considered a reduction in price and again based on reports on this board, there haven't been reductions only an increase for the insides and same price for the verandas.

Similar to the last time we tried to cruise with Azamara before Azamara cancelled our cruise. They had a multiple free day promotion and our cruise was included except the price of our cabin went up for the promotion by exactly the amount of the free cabin discount to the penny so the price remained the same as before the so called promotion.

Sorry Chris86 you have that backwards. If this were a real promotion, the veranda cabins would be lowered to the previous price of the inside and the inside would remain the same. Based on reports, the insides are now more expensive if someone prefers one and and the verandas are the same price as before the so called promotion

A promotion is generally considered a reduction in price and again based on reports on this board, there haven't been reductions only an increase for the insides and same price for the verandas.

Similar to the last time we tried to cruise with Azamara before Azamara cancelled our cruise. They had a multiple free day promotion and our cruise was included except the price of our cabin went up for the promotion by exactly the amount of the free cabin discount to the penny so the price remained the same as before the so called promotion.

I totally get your standing point and agree. However I've noted every balcony category is the same price including the deluxe rooms. Hence Azamaras standing/ approach to switch pricing to the highest category for all categories.