Would visually impaired cruiser allowed on Carnival Sky ride?

MasterLee

I am visually impaired and can't drive. Althought I can still see but I walk witha white cane for my added safety. I and my wife will sail on Carnival Horizon in June. I am wondering whether I would be allow to ride on the Sky Ride. Will I need good eyesight to operate the Sky Ride?

I am visually impaired and can't drive. Althought I can still see but I walk witha white cane for my added safety. I and my wife will sail on Carnival Horizon in June. I am wondering whether I would be allow to ride on the Sky Ride. Will I need good eyesight to operate the Sky Ride?

It's hard to say whether Carnival will allow you on the ride or not as a passengers' safety takes precedent. Even if someone on this forum says you'll be allowed, you really won't know for cerain until you're on board the ship. What I suggest is that you go check it out with your wife and watch the process a couple of times . If uncertain talk to the Carnival Manager in charge of the ride. You're going to have to be able to get on/off the sky ride and operate the pedals which are basically the same as the pedals on a recumbent bike. Your torso is harnessed into the ride but your feet are not strapped onto the pedals.

Here's links to show you the ride in operation