Those who like to have some drinks on the cruise...

racheltineo

Are you new to drinking alcohol? Know your limit and stay within it. Pace yourself. Indulge without overindulging.

It's quite possible to enjoy alcoholic beverages from breakfast to bed time without getting drunk. Drink something non-alcoholic between your other drinks. This will prevent dehydration (a component to hangovers), dilutes the alcohol in your system, and puts distance between each alcoholic drink.

And drink a couple of glasses of water before bed. Don't take Tylenol for a hangover - it only adds more strain on your already overtaxed liver.

What are your tips for not feeling yucky the next day? I want to enjoy some drinks but I’m afraid of getting a hangover if I’m having too much fun.. lol 🤷🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drink water before going to sleep

Drink water before going to sleep

Yep, this works pretty well. But not just a few sips...like a whole bottle. And if you get up during the night, drink some more. And as soon as you wake up, drink some more. Works like a charm for my wife and I. Also, I THINK (But haven't formally tested this) that sweet drinks later in the evening may contribute to feeling worse later. I avoid not only sugary drinks after dinner, but even stuff made with sweet drinks, like Diet Coke. I could be completely out to lunch on that, though.

What are your tips for not feeling yucky the next day? I want to enjoy some drinks but I’m afraid of getting a hangover if I’m having too much fun.. lol 🤷🏼

Even if you shouldn't do it at home there is a simple solution, get a new beverage with alcohol as soon as you wake up!

This is a bad idea when you are at home, and if you do it you have a drinking problem, but you are on vacation so do it if you want to!

Know your own limits. Don't mix. Eat. Drink 1 full glass of water for every alcoholic drink you consume. Pace yourself. Don't chug or do shots.

Pay attention to how much booze is being poured into your glass. Most cruise bartenders are very heavy handed. You may think you only had one drink but it actually contained 2+ shots.

Don't mix your drinks...pick one kind of booze, and stick with it. Don't "over drink".....and drink plenty of water, too...dehydration is what makes you feel like crap! Stay hydrated....booze totally zaps your fluids!

I rarely if ever get a "hangover"....I dance with the one who brung me!!!!

Lots of water before you go to bed. Stay away from sugary, creamy drinks that come with umbrellas. Do not drink tequila ever. If you misjudge and are feeling wobbly the next day Advil Liquid Gel Caps and a Bloody Mary will straighten you right out.

Don't mix grape and grain.

Avoid port - avoid port and brandy even more (spoken from bitter experience).

Pace yourself.

Practice makes perfect - after a time you get to know your limits - I am fortunate that my body suddenly says - ENOUGH! - so I stagger off to bed.

Lots of water before you go to bed. Stay away from sugary, creamy drinks that come with umbrellas. Do not drink tequila ever. If you misjudge and are feeling wobbly the next day Advil Liquid Gel Caps and a Bloody Mary will straighten you right out.

Lightbulb moment! - it's the umbrella's fault...:D

Awesome advice! Thank you

Thank you all so much for your tips. I will def stay away from shots because that is what always does it for me. Plus I rarely eat or drink water when I’m out drinking with my friends... I want to enjoy a buzz on my vacation but I do NOT want to get drunk... it’s such a fine line.. wish me luck!!