Pacific Pearl

suexxx

Hi all. Is it OV1 or OV2 that will become the Pacific Pearl? DH & I are going on her on the 17th Feb 2011 & I would like to see what she looks like at the moment. Haven't booked yet but will soon . Getting prices. Thanks Suexxx

Hi all. Is it OV1 or OV2 that will become the Pacific Pearl? DH & I are going on her on the 17th Feb 2011 & I would like to see what she looks like at the moment. Haven't booked yet but will soon . Getting prices. Thanks Suexxx

It is the Ocean Village 1. Ocean Village 2 is now the Pacific Jewel.

Hi suexxx, I'm going on the pearl too though going on the 6th feb.Your cruise will be the one straight after :)

Hi

I just tried to book your cruise too!

I love this vessel and was going to come down under and book my customary cabin A92 (yes, I'm that hooked) for your cruise.

I was surprised at the online price which is THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars (and pounds) more than I have normally paid before (see signature below), and I don't normally skimp when I'm onboard either.

i.e. - Club Lounge - always for me, but I note your "free" booze in there previously 5-8pm is now only 7-8pm (quote P&O Aus: "due to abuse"), (they should say "due to reduced profit margins").

But A092 is just outside and the fresh OJ is lovely in there in the morning when you have a hangover...

But hey ho, I'm getting older. I've always loved the ANZAC spirit and I've always wanted to go visit you wonderful people down under, and I'm not getting any younger... So what the Hell! Pay the z-z-z-illions of $ plus the big £ BA or Qantas fares from London and just go, I thought.

And then I tried to book online from the UK.

Sorry.

Big message came up on my screen. You can only book online from the Antipodes (my word, not theirs, I doubt they could spell it). Which means to me that they are trying to screw their new home market.

So sorry folks - I won't be joining you.

Which means, on reflection, no matter how much I love the ship, even if I didn't have to pay the fare from London all the way to Sydney, I wouldn't pay what you good people have to pay even if I lived in Sydney, next to the dock. It's a bum price.

But she's a great ship.

And if you book A092, I envy you. Look up from the balcony and see the pilot dock in the morning - they always say "good morning", captain too!!

But I'm not going to be ripped off, as much as I love you folk and the ship.

I'll wait before I pay a P&O/Carnival trumped-up faress.

No doubt some American line will fulfil my desire in the future. Just wish P&O OZ PEARL could do it...

But seriously people, if you thought OV2(Jewel) was good, wait until OV1(Pearl) lands.

Sorry OP if I've hijacked the thread.

Archived