pre-visit to cruise

lolakitty37

as i never cruised before - can we visit a cruise ship before we decide if we want to book? thanks:confused:

Check with Princess, I just read where for a minimal charge guests can board the ship for 3 hrs and have lunch with their hosts, tour the ship but will get off before the ship is to leave the port

You should try a mini cruise. I did an NCL "Cruise to Nowhere" for 2 nights. It was a sample of cruising from Vancouver to Seattle. We're now trying an 8 day cruise in November and really looking forward to it.

Check with Princess, I just read where for a minimal charge guests can board the ship for 3 hrs and have lunch with their hosts, tour the ship but will get off before the ship is to leave the port

And one minor UK cruiseline (Thomson) is offering a day-visit for about $75 with food etc, much like a day-pass to a resort. I've also heard of such visits with other cruiselines.

As with bridge tours, or inviting friends on at ports of call, too many folk are too quick to post that such things are impossible due to security etc. They may not be the norm with most major lines, but they do happen and it's always worth asking.:)

Another plus for the minnows.

John Bull

as i never cruised before - can we visit a cruise ship before we decide if we want to book? thanks:confused:

Just a question - what would you hope to find to either help or discourage your decision. I am asking out of curiosity as I know many folks that are unsure about this type of vacation.

My question also - what do you hope to learn by visiting a ship? Maybe if you have specific concerns or questions, you could post them and we could help you out. Visiting a ship that's docked is not going to give you a feel for the cruise experience, in my opinion.

Roz

If you live in Florida, cruise lines regularly have luncheons on board ships just to allow potential customers the chance to see the ship. I have friends who live in South Florida and they go on these things a few times a year. They even did a free cruise to nowhere on Sea Dream. They've had lunches on HAL, Regent, Princess and MSC using this method. And, all those lunches were free. They do this in connection with their travel agent, who happens to be with a large agency that's primarily known for car problems/road travel.

Archived