Carnival spirit kids club answers

Hi,

lots want to know about Camp Carnival, so I will do my best to write what I remember down and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to add anything as I have only limited info for the older groups.

The kids are broken down into age groups (2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17). They may depending on circumstances, including siblings, friends and amount of children change you at your request. But don't expect it, as from what I have heard it is rare.

You do not need to "book in" to attend, you do however need to register your children. As you board, you will be told what time to meet for the info session in the theatre. You can register here.

At the info session (or outside the Camp Carnival Rooms) they give you a full cruise daily program. Very detailed and enables you to see what sessions your kids would love to go to, plus dinner menu.

Children from 2-8 must be signed in and out by only those you have nominated on your registration form. You must have your sail and sign card for both drop off and pick up or you will not be allowed to pick them up! Very good system so don't forget your card. For memory you can have up to 4 adults on the form.

For Children 9-13 it is up to you. You can sign the form saying my child can leave whenever they want, you don't need to pick them up, or else, it is the same rules as the above.

For memory no food is served up to eat (i.e. snacks) but there is water. For the 2-11, you can drop your child up in the Lido Deck Buffet for dinner at 5.30. There is a section roped off just for Camp Carnival. The menu is on the Camp Carnivals programs. The staff will walk with the kids back to the Camp Carnival rooms after dinner to begin the evening program.

OK, for the 2-5 and 6-8, their day is broken up into sessions. Usually 9-11.45, closed for lunch, 2-5, 5.30-10pm. In these sessions, they are then broken down further into actual times for activites, i.e. 9-10 this will happen, 10-10.30 this and so on. Great idea is to get your child to highlight what they want to do so you can remember!

2-5's are always on Deck 5 in the Camp Carnival Rooms. Unless it is for dinner. 6-8's are never in the same place!! Apparently they have the most fun as they get to explore the whole ship!!!! Check your program carefully as it will tell you where they are. 9-11's are usually on Deck 6 but this is where my knowledge on their program ends and for the older ones. For memory the older groups did some stuff in the day, but mostly at night.

There is usually a family afternoon on the second last afternoon. First cruise it was bingo and other games the second it was a beach party in the night club....YES THEY HAVE SOAS to WIN!!!! (Ship on a Stick trophies that is!!)

For the younger ones (under 2) they have an afternoon session that you can attend...with your child. You cannot leave them sorry.

NIGHT OWLS is a program run from 10-3am for 1-9 year olds. It is in the Camp Carnival rooms and it is a "baby sitting" service. There is a charge, and I think it may have been $8 per hour per child. Not 100% on the charge though. They set up mats on the floor for the kids to sleep in. There is no in room baby sitting.

SHORE DAYS they are open and will take the kids up to get lunch so if you want you can go ashore and leave the kids if you like.

That is the basics, any questions fire away.....

Family Cruiser

Thanks so much for this, such valuable info!

We have a 3 and 4 yr old. The 3 year old is toilet trained but needs help sometimes... Do you know anything about this? Some cruises don't allow kids who aren't fully trained apparently.

As far as I know it is OK, I saw a nappy change area (or diaper as they say as most of the Camp Carnival Staff are US!) and I noticed a few nappy bags on hooks. And at one night when I was picking up he said that he was just on "diaper line" which meant that he had just changed all the nappies!

Good one, thanks! 3 yr old still in nappy for sleep so if they go to evening club he will defo need one.

What is the water park like for 3/4 year olds?

Lots of fun, the stairs and slides are great for that age and water play activities will keep them amused. They cannot go on the Twister (yellow waterslide) or the Green Thunder but they will have a great time.

Its the ice cream machines you need to worry about though! They seem to be able to remember exactly where they are hidden!

Thank you for posting in such detail about kids club! Such valuable information and answers many questions, it's very important that our children have just as much fun onboard as the adults!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh just thought of some more points and hints!!

For the 2-5 year olds, they have phones available for you. These are great as the staff can contact you and you can contact them. Even better though anyone (who you give the number to) can use any of the phones around the ship to call you as well!

They give these out on the first night and priority to the younger children.

SEA SICKNESS!!!! Please be prepared as Camp Carnival is at the very front of the ship. Both cruises the worst day for sea sickness is the last day/night coming into Sydney. The wait staff go from carrying 10 meals to 4!! The chemist have a range of medication. We went with Travel Calm (children are 4 and 7). The last morning, I gave 1/4 to the youngest and 1/2 tablet to the other. They had no symptoms when I gave it, but remembering our last cruise, I wanted to be prepared. That night they had another dose just before dinner. No problems with them (husband on the other hand.......). The CAmp Carnival staff were actually asking you to call in half an hour to check on the children to make sure they were OK. I walked in later that night to pick up 7yr old, every child had a "Barf Bag" next to them as a precaution! Luckily wasn't needed.

This advice also runs true with the Pharoahs Lounge as this is also at the front of the ship. People were having to leave the show because of the rise and fall of the ship. 4yo was with me and also had no effects! So take medication with you and use it BEFORE you actually need it if possible.

If I think of anything else that I wish I had of known before hand I will add it!

Yep, just thought of something.

Your Sail and Sign card is your method of payment. There is one account per room. This means that your darling child if old enough can go off and spend all your money in the arcade, on drinks and in lolly shop until their heart is content! So as soon as you get on, place a limit on your child's card. This will be a daily limit! You do not want the surprise of a huge bill on the last night! I think we put $20 on our cards. We made it that high as we knew they wanted to buy a tee shirt, doll, lollies and a Build A Bear.

One more kiddie question...

What swimming aids are allowed in the pool? My daughter wants to take her noodle but the pools look a little small, I was thinking water wings or back bubble...

One more kiddie question...

What swimming aids are allowed in the pool? My daughter wants to take her noodle but the pools look a little small, I was thinking water wings or back bubble...

water wings would be best as you are right that the pool isn't big enough for a noodle.

I suggested on another thread to take a floatation device for kids onto the islands. Our children can swim really well, but snorkelling takes it out of you, so we had floatie rings for them so they could rest and snorkel at the same time.

Yep, just thought of something.

Your Sail and Sign card is your method of payment. There is one account per room. This means that your darling child if old enough can go off and spend all your money in the arcade, on drinks and in lolly shop until their heart is content! So as soon as you get on, place a limit on your child's card. This will be a daily limit! You do not want the surprise of a huge bill on the last night! I think we put $20 on our cards. We made it that high as we knew they wanted to buy a tee shirt, doll, lollies and a Build A Bear.

I found it odd that I could not put a limit on a Sea Card during the account set up process on line. Only option was attach the card to the cabin account - yes or no. Good to see that this can be done once on board (like many others I have endured Mobile Phone Bill trauma):(

cheers

Oh just thought of some more points and hints!!

For the 2-5 year olds, they have phones available for you. These are great as the staff can contact you and you can contact them. Even better though anyone (who you give the number to) can use any of the phones around the ship to call you as well!

They give these out on the first night and priority to the younger children.

SEA SICKNESS!!!! Please be prepared as Camp Carnival is at the very front of the ship. Both cruises the worst day for sea sickness is the last day/night coming into Sydney. The wait staff go from carrying 10 meals to 4!! The chemist have a range of medication. We went with Travel Calm (children are 4 and 7). The last morning, I gave 1/4 to the youngest and 1/2 tablet to the other. They had no symptoms when I gave it, but remembering our last cruise, I wanted to be prepared. That night they had another dose just before dinner. No problems with them (husband on the other hand.......). The CAmp Carnival staff were actually asking you to call in half an hour to check on the children to make sure they were OK. I walked in later that night to pick up 7yr old, every child had a "Barf Bag" next to them as a precaution! Luckily wasn't needed.

This advice also runs true with the Pharoahs Lounge as this is also at the front of the ship. People were having to leave the show because of the rise and fall of the ship. 4yo was with me and also had no effects! So take medication with you and use it BEFORE you actually need it if possible.

If I think of anything else that I wish I had of known before hand I will add it!

great info and ideas - thanks :)

do you know if there is a dvd player in the ocean suit cabins? our two still have quiet time in the middle of the day and heard that it costs $10 to download movies. or is there a kids' channel on TV?

Hi, there are no DVD players in the rooms, but there is movies you can buy for your tv. Also every afternoon they play a movie in the versalises lounge on deck 1. Good kids movies as well, for memory Toy Storys, Tangled, Alvin and the Chipmunks etc.

We also had "quiet time" but instead of locking ourselves in our room I bought along their textas, pencils, colouring books and paper and did this in the atrium, on Deck 2 or 3. So many little tables and you could sit and read on the comfy lounges or look out at the ocean. I am a people watcher, so I loved just sitting here while the girls had time out. And they need this quiet time just to recharge as they are on the go ALOT! Dessi (the mairte d) still had the pictures the girls did for her in her office 6 months later! We even had staff come up and say they saw the pictures!

And yes, I do had the programs for both the 2-5 and 6-8 age groups from both cruises! But as school goes back on Monday, will do it then if that is OK? Best activity was the Build a Bear. It is as additional cost of $35. The kids get to choose what bear to build (cat, dog, monkey, teddy etc) and outfits to dress them in, and a teddy size tee shirt saying Carnival Spirit. The other great memento one was the Tee shirt decorating. They get a white tee with Carnival and a design on it and they decorate it. Let me know if you want photos and will try to get those up as well.

Wow, your post just made me cry! It sounds great. So excited... Our kiddies are adopted, we waited such a long time for them and it is our first proper holiday...had weekends away and 4 nights at the GC but nothing like this :D:D:D I'm at jandpblake at gmail.com re kids club paper..

Wow, your post just made me cry! It sounds great. So excited... Our kiddies are adopted, we waited such a long time for them and it is our first proper holiday...had weekends away and 4 nights at the GC but nothing like this :D:D:D I'm at jandpblake at gmail.com re kids club paper..

I loved it and would do another one again in a heart beat, and we nearing booked our third, but an unexpected o/s wedding came up so have to fly for that and cant afford 2 holidays!

My biggest tip as I mentioned on another post was take it as it comes and don't let the little things upset or annoy you. For example, the photographers on board, they always want your picture, they have backgrounds set up and want you in there. Just have a few photos, you don't have to buy them, but if you do, they are there to look at the next day. Our girls were roped into every background every night, but they built up such a great friendship with the staff that they would know their names and call out. One (called Goldfish by the girls) came up and thanked us for letting the girls become attached to him. He told us he missed his children a lot, but to have the girls run up to him, seek him out, hug him and shower attention on him made his day. That made me sad, happy and all the emotions in between.

I have so many other heart warming stories, but would bore everyone else! So I wont continue, but go on, have fun and interact with everyone!

I will send those programs to you next week!

Hi, We are cruising in May with 4 and 2 year olds. Great advice you have posted. Could you also email me a copy of the activity sheet please. Would be great to get a feel of it before we go. I'm at mgerber at adam dot com dot au. Greatly appreciated.

My biggest tip as I mentioned on another post was take it as it comes and don't let the little things upset or annoy you.

I totally agree - hubby and I went on the Pacific Dawn a few years ago - there were a few things we found annoying but overall, we had realistic expectations that the ship is catering for 2000 people's needs - can't please everyone all of the time. I'm vegetarian and I was expecting like one choice a night - I was ecstatic when I got on there and there were 3 or 4 lol.