Cruise Fiction Books

I've stumbled across two books that have been well reviewed. Both sound good and spooky. I haven't read them yet - seems more fun to read them either right before my cruise or onboard. Thought I would share them and if anyone has others, feel free to add them. Both appear to be mystery thrillers with Day Four perhaps a bit supernatural.

Day Four by Sarah Lotz

The Woman in Room 10 by Ruth Ware

And hey fellow readers - when recommending books or commenting - NO SPOILERS PLEASE! :D

This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! Hardcover – September 8, 2015

by Jonathan Evison

Ooh! I just downloaded this one on my Kindle for my cruise in 2 weeks!

I've read "Santa Cruise" by Mary Higgins Clark and "Killer Cruise" by Laura Levine. I preferred Laura Levine's book - she sprinkles her mysteries with humor, too.

Janis

That's only if the truth hurts, and it does many cruisers who care not to know reality.

I'm pretty sure Bob posted about these books being fiction because he figured I'd chime in. They are composites of several persons' experiences and time frame collapsed to make it sound like one or two contracts. And they are totally out of date, given today's regulatory environment.

I'm reading Dead Wake by Erik Larson. It's not fiction. It's the story of the Cunard Line ship, The Lusitania. It's written in a narrative form. I won't spoil it, but anyone that knows a bit about history can guess what happens. Maybe not the best thing to read on a cruise ship... but interesting to see what a cruise 100 years ago was like.

If anyone is a fan of very light (and clean) romance novels - Wonder Cruise. Thought it was an okay travel read, not a massive amount of substance to it but it's set and written in the 1930s and recently republished in modern formats. I found it interesting to see how cruises back in the day were portrayed, although at it's heart it's just a light Cinderella style romance.

That's only if the truth hurts, and it does many cruisers who care not to know reality.

I meant it's light reading in that it is quick and easy to read. Unlike say a dense historical biography of the Plantagenets for instance. Which I'm reading but certainly not on a cruise!