Penthouse Choice on Nautica - what's your favorite?

MsSommelier

We are booking our second Oceania cruise (after being on Marina in April) on Nautica. We really enjoyed Marina but were unable to snag a Penthouse on the TA crossing. We had Concierge level, which was okay but felt the cabin was pretty small (especially storage/closet space) compared to what we experienced in Seabourn and Regent. So I really would like a PH this time.

Hence my question: Which is your favorite PH location on Nautica? I initially thought Vista Suite would be great - until I read all the helpful comments here about the strong wind and having only a tub (which I like but not DH's preference). I really enjoy sitting on the balcony, so that made the Vista Suite a no-go.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

We stayed in 8042 and we were quite happy with it. We were under the patio and it was quiet but we did occasionally hear a cart being rolled from the dining area across the patio toward the pool. It did not occur early in the morning or late at night. I think that it might have been towels.

When in a PH, we prefer PH3 (same cabin as PH1 or PH2 for a little better price) - the most midships aft cabins (8056 or 8059).

They are on the end of the ship with all the dining venues :D Do not care for forward cabins b/o motion in rough seas.

We stayed in 8042 and we were quite happy with it. We were under the patio and it was quiet but we did occasionally hear a cart being rolled from the dining area across the patio toward the pool. It did not occur early in the morning or late at night. I think that it might have been towels.

8042 is our favorite..

• 9 months later...
Thank you sail57 and bitob. Do you get any noise from above from the pool area or Terrace Cafe early morning (scraping chairs, etc)?

We have just finished our cruise which ended in Tokyo.

We had cabin 8049, size wise it was fine but we were under the Waves outdoor eating area and we did hear a lot of banging and chairs scraping. Also do not like to shower standing in a bath. Closet not nearly as large as Regent which have walk in robes.

We were in 8055 , on the Nautica, and were awaken every morning around 3:30-4:00 by loud noises coming from the Terrace Cafe. Sounded like they were dragging furniture across the floor and rolling large carts around. Really disturbing! We have stayed a couple cabins further aft and never heard a sound. There are a few cabins there now that we will avoid in the future!

We have just finished our cruise which ended in Tokyo.

We had cabin 8049, size wise it was fine but we were under the Waves outdoor eating area and we did hear a lot of banging and chairs scraping. Also do not like to shower standing in a bath. Closet not nearly as large as Regent which have walk in robes.

That is so strange..we always stay in 8049 on every R ship and never hear any noise from above..next year all R ships will be refurbished and I believe they are putting in Shower stalls in the PH

Jancruz1

We were in 8055 , on the Nautica, and were awaken every morning around 3:30-4:00 by loud noises coming from the Terrace Cafe. Sounded like they were dragging furniture across the floor and rolling large carts around. Really disturbing! We have stayed a couple cabins further aft and never heard a sound. There are a few cabins there now that we will avoid in the future!

8057 same... What they were doing were wheeling the breakfast items out -- us a little later at 430 am Same thing around 11pm wheeling them back into the kitchen