Coastal KItchen for Junior Suites?

Yes you do. But you have to make reservations on board. You can not make them online.

I switch between a jr, suite and a grand suite and I am always able to book on line through my cruise planner no matter which stateroom we booked. Jr. Suites can only eat dinner there. This is on the Anthem.

Yes, we had a Family Jr. Suite last month and ate in Coastal Kitchen for dinner only. We wanted to check out as many dinner venues as possible so we did not eat there every night. We went maybe the second night and asked to see the menus and chose which night to eat there based on the menu for that night. Had no problem getting a reservation onboard. The ambiance is nice; one entire wall of windows which we loved. The food was very good. Yet I'm glad we checked out other places like CHOPS!

Edited by mizLORInj

• 3 weeks later...
We have 4 JS's booked on Anthem and I've received conflicting info from rccl phone reps.

Do we have access to Coastal Kitchen?

JS (Junior Suite)'s have access to CK for dinner only. On my cruise I went twice and enjoyed it SO much. I wish I had gone every night I didn't have specialty reservations. I was able to make reservations in person on board or via phone.

• 6 months later...

Based on my experience this past week on Allure, just because your in a Junior Suite does not mean they are going to let you book into Coastal Kitchen for Dinner. This was the biggest disappointment of my sailing on a an oasis class ship, in fact when i tried to book dinner twice the lady at the host station was indigent, mad me feel like i was a steerage passenger trying to get into First Class

Based on my experience this past week on Allure, just because your in a Junior Suite does not mean they are going to let you book into Coastal Kitchen for Dinner. This was the biggest disappointment of my sailing on a an oasis class ship, in fact when i tried to book dinner twice the lady at the host station was indigent, mad me feel like i was a steerage passenger trying to get into First Class

Did you really just paste this same reply across three different threads?

EDIT: Apparently it was more than three...sad.

Are you sure?

About 482,000 results preference_gear.png

Did you really just paste this same reply across three different threads?

EDIT: Apparently it was more than three...sad.

Well, perhaps if the Hostess didn't make such a bad impression on CruseGus he wouldn't be posting this on so many threads. That's what's sad. There's a right way to say no and a wrong way.

• Like 1

We had a similar negative experience on Allure when we tried to book reservations at Coastal Kitchen. We went to Coastal Kitchen when we boarded to try to make reservations. We were informed by the lady at the desk to "come back later" to find out if there was "space" for us. When we went back later, the man at the desk looked me head to toe (over his glasses), then asked for my seapass card, said "you're in Junior Suite?" and I confirmed. He said "7:30 is the only time we can fit you in." I said that was fine. I then asked if we were able to book other nights in advance - since I had read on here previously that you could book each night at a specific time once you boarded - but he gave me this little laugh and smirk. He said I would have to check back each night to see if they had "room for us." Needless to say, we went the first night, but never returned because we felt VERY unwelcome even though we are Diamond C&A members and we were staying in a Junior Suite.

I find this so odd. We have sailed Allure 3 times and Oasis once, all in JS and never had any trouble getting reservations at Coastal Kitchen every night. Coastal Kitchen is the only reason we book a JS. I guess it’s the luck of the draw as far as who the hostess is at the time?

We just got off Allure a couple of weeks ago and ate every meal (exception of two) in CK. The hostess was new in the job beginning with our cruise and we had quite a bit of interaction with her. I found her to be very pleasant and extremely competent.

The circumstances on each cruise could be different and at times there easily could not be space for all who wish to eat there.

I find this so odd. We have sailed Allure 3 times and Oasis once, all in JS and never had any trouble getting reservations at Coastal Kitchen every night. Coastal Kitchen is the only reason we book a JS. I guess it’s the luck of the draw as far as who the hostess is at the time?

That is our feeling as well (that the only reason to book a JS is for CK).

However, I did read many posts from people who had a difficult, if not impossible time getting into CK on Oasis-class ships. I even started a thread on it.

So when it was time to book Allure, I skipped over the JS and went to look for GSs. Unfortunately, what was available was only connecting and my husband refuses to be in a connecting room....we've had a few bad experiences.

Now all the Grand Suites are booked for our cruise.

We're in a regular balcony. Maybe a GS will appear after final, but a Junior Suite is out based on what I've read. As I said before there's a right way and a wrong way to deny a service (perk).

:)

Edited by mafig

We booked JS's on all 3 big ships to see what all the Hoopla was about.

We can attest that most of the time we did get second class treatment. We had to knock on the door, or follow someone else in. When knocking on the door there were a few times I could see I was being ignored. When calling we were told "we have XXX time available, that is all".

On the Harmony we met some cruise buddies from years ago who had become Pinnacle and were in a CL suite. By the latter half of the cruise they were eating in the MDR. They were not happy with the food or service in the CK on that sailing.

We liked the CK on the other 2. The Oasis being our favorite.

No issue with booking Coastal for dinner once on board the Anthem. Booked a table for 7 for all nine nights. Just told them after each dinner what time we would take "our" table the next night. Missed lobster night when at wonderland and tails were sent to wonderland for us!

We had a similar negative experience on Allure when we tried to book reservations at Coastal Kitchen. We went to Coastal Kitchen when we boarded to try to make reservations. We were informed by the lady at the desk to "come back later" to find out if there was "space" for us. When we went back later, the man at the desk looked me head to toe (over his glasses), then asked for my seapass card, said "you're in Junior Suite?" and I confirmed. He said "7:30 is the only time we can fit you in." I said that was fine. I then asked if we were able to book other nights in advance - since I had read on here previously that you could book each night at a specific time once you boarded - but he gave me this little laugh and smirk. He said I would have to check back each night to see if they had "room for us." Needless to say, we went the first night, but never returned because we felt VERY unwelcome even though we are Diamond C&A members and we were staying in a Junior Suite.

That is basically the same attitude that I received, I would have thought when they saw Diamond, on the card they would have at least been polite. By Far the worst experience i have ever had on a RCI cruise.

Clearly not the way to treat a guest. Did you ask to speak to a manager?

On Oasis, we booked six nights upon boarding. Had to change one dining time but not an issue. The knocking on the door thing can be annoying but we turned into our own comedy act.

The guests in the JS next door were so put off by the hostess that they never went to CK for dinner. What a shame as we really enjoyed it.

Cruisegus is clearly not interested in anything but complaining.

He pulled up seven (7) old threads to complain.

That's all he did.

I’m actually starting to wonder how he treated the hostess when told there was no availability for a JS guest to have provoked her supposed behavior.

Did anyone mention the service and attitude to the manager in charge? It clearly states JS are able to eat in there at Dinner only. We are going in April on Allure and it will be interesting to see if we have a problem. If we do then I will try to talk to someone about it but that is wrong the way some of these hostess or host are making JS guests feel out of place.