Elite bar setup?

monakayk

You call room service and tell them what you want to exchange. Sorry...I disembarked today, but didn't make a list of the mini-bar contents. We swapped for the 2 coffee cards. Got ones with no expiration date and no cruise ship or number written in.

I believe there are two each of scotch, gin, Canadian & brandy. You can swap them for more of the above. ie, trade gin for scotch.

There are 12 cans/bottles of water, soda and beer. They can also be swapped for others in the group. ie. beer for water.

Other options - trade whole thing for 2 coffee cards.

Trade the whole thing for a bottle of wine.

I believe there are two each of scotch, gin, Canadian & brandy. You can swap them for more of the above. ie, trade gin for scotch.

There are 12 cans/bottles of water, soda and beer. They can also be swapped for others in the group. ie. beer for water.

Other options - trade whole thing for 2 coffee cards.

Trade the whole thing for a bottle of wine.

Is Vodka an option to trade for?

What is included in a Elite bar setup? How can we exchange items for other liquors? .... We don't drink Beer or sodas.

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Call Room Service to make any swaps:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

THANKS ...this is exactly what I needed to know .

Unfortunately that complete description has been replaced by this vague description from their new version of Captain’s Circle FAQs. :confused:

I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only.

Unfortunately that complete description has been replaced by this vague description from their new version of Captain’s Circle FAQs. :confused:

I’m an Elite member, is there a way to customize my mini-bar?

Yes, you can make changes onboard by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged; liquor can also be exchanged for beer. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only.

Yes, which is why I saved the above information more than a year ago. It's still valid correct info, Princess just apparently no longer feels the need to share it all with their passengers..

Yes, which is why I saved the above information more than a year ago. It's still valid correct info, Princess just apparently no longer feels the need to share it all with their passengers..

I just bookmarked it for future reference...thanks.

I wish they would let us order the mini-bar setup as we want it before the cruise. This would eliminate the double work.

Me, too!

That would be a time saving procedure & when on B2B cruises I’ve called them near the end of the first cruise to adjust our minibar which they appreciated to only have to make one delivery.

I wish they would let us order the mini-bar setup as we want it before the cruise. This would eliminate the double work.

While I agree, it would eliminate the seeming double work - imagine the headache/work of arranging the setups before hand, and getting them to the right cabins. With onky a few hours for turnaround, sorting through anywhere from 100-1000 pre-orders of mini-bar set-ups, organizing then, tagging them to correct cabin, then delivery is way, way more complicated and time consuming than having all set-ups, including suites, standard, dropping off the same thing along the way, and making the much fewer changes later on... While some make changes, many don't - whether because they don't know they can or are happy with what they get or just don't care that much..

While I agree, it would eliminate the seeming double work - imagine the headache/work of arranging the setups before hand, and getting them to the right cabins. With onky a few hours for turnaround, sorting through anywhere from 100-1000 pre-orders of mini-bar set-ups, organizing then, tagging them to correct cabin, then delivery is way, way more complicated and time consuming than having all set-ups, including suites, standard, dropping off the same thing along the way, and making the much fewer changes later on... While some make changes, many don't - whether because they don't know they can or are happy with what they get or just don't care that much..

I can see reasons to not allow changes to the minibar in advance, but it seems like it would be a great time saver to be able to specify in advance whether you want the minibar, the coffee cards, or the wine.

We have been on two b2b(2b) where they gave out a form towards the end of the first leg. We filled in our preferences and they were delivered on turnaround day. Delivery person said it was a big time saver for them. The first time was on the Grand around South America in 2013. There were over 1000 Elites who did all three legs.

If you trade in minibar for two coffee cards will the cards carry an expiration date?

If the ones being sold have an expiration date, so will the ones in exchange for the mini-bar.

Basically, once the supply without an expiration date is used up on a ship, all new ones will have an expiration dates.

Several years ago you could put your mini bar preferences on your Captains Circle profile, but I don't think anyone ever read it. Ours was always stock standard despite our preferences and we have been Elite since 2008.

Now it would be a nightmare for room service to run around the ship changing mini bar items, there are plenty of Elites around these days. I have had to wait 3 days some days to trade items in.:o

Not to good to hear about it taking days to change out the Elite bar if you are wanting a coffee card changeout. With expiry dates in effect I'd want to take advantage of my card from the first day, especially if I am not cruising again that year.