New section in on line Check in on MyNCL

BaWBarmy

Just went to check MyNCL for our cruise on Saturday and noticed that the On Line check in was only showing 75% I had completed this months ago so was a bit perturbed. Turns out NCL have added a preferred payment section which basically allows you to put your debit/credit card details against your account to save you doing it at the terminal before boarding.

I re-checked my edocs once I'd completed it just in case I needed to reprint them but they have not changed.

This may make check in a little easier but I still have that little niggle in the back of my head that tells me I'll still have to do it at the terminal.

I didn't bother searching the forum because I'm a bit lazy so this may already have been mentioned.

For those on the Bliss next Saturday see you there.

I am 42 days (6weeks) our and I do not have that option. My guess is you will not have to produce the card at the port, you will just have to sign the receipt as normal.

Other cruise lines do it, it seems NCL is playing catching up on that, I do like that.

Question, because I cannot see it for myself, did they have an option for the NCL gift card to be entered or is it just credit cards?

I'm only 6 days out and I agree with you that it should save having to produce my card at the terminal. It gives the option of paying for everything in dollars or Sterling, so I'm wondering if it is just for people who have booked with ncl.co.uk rather than ncl.com. I'm on the Bliss and sailing from Southampton so again, maybe it's just for certain cruises, passengers. I only noticed this morning and have been looking regularly with no sign of change up to then.

As far as I could see it was only debit/credit card.

Lets hope it saves a bit of time and therefore stress at the port.

Edited by BaWBarmy
additional info

Handing the NCL person a credit card at check-in, and having them scan it takes all of about 4 seconds.. I don't see the time saving value here..
In effect you should be able to turn up and your card should already be made up. Just take your photo and associate it with your card. Check your passport to verify your identity. Done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

When they change terms it will also take you from 100% back to less.

I think this would be helpful addition to reduce time at terminal. DCL also will use a previous pic for adults if within a certain time period which also speeds things up.

In effect you should be able to turn up and your card should already be made up. Just take your photo and associate it with your card. Check your passport to verify your identity. Done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Celebrity asks for the credit card information, but they also ask for it when you check in at the port, I assumed it was to swipe it to pre-authorize $$'s and I'd guess to make sure one put down the correct credit card number.

NCL has been the only line where I haven't had the chance to provide my CC information... we're two weeks out and I don't have that option, but would like it to magically appear before we leave. That helps to make it feel officially official.

Just went to check MyNCL for our cruise on Saturday and noticed that the On Line check in was only showing 75% I had completed this months ago so was a bit perturbed. Turns out NCL have added a preferred payment section which basically allows you to put your debit/credit card details against your account to save you doing it at the terminal before boarding.

I re-checked my edocs once I'd completed it just in case I needed to reprint them but they have not changed.

This may make check in a little easier but I still have that little niggle in the back of my head that tells me I'll still have to do it at the terminal.

I didn't bother searching the forum because I'm a bit lazy so this may already have been mentioned.

For those on the Bliss next Saturday see you there.

4 weeks for my cruise on the Escape and i do not see any payment in online check. I like doing it online, i feel it does it speed it up. When i sail on Carnival, checkin does seem quicker when they do not have to scan the credit card

Handing the NCL person a credit card at check-in, and having them scan it takes all of about 4 seconds.. I don't see the time saving value here..

That's provided you have your card in hand.... not buried in your wallet in the back pack OR they are on their phone.

I work in retail and you would be surprised how long it takes for some people to realize its time to pay up!

We don't sail until March, 2019, on the Bliss and the option is already on our online check-in section. It is number "4 of 5. Onboard Payment Preferences". It gives a choice of credit, debit or cash. Next gives a place to enter the card information. Then Billing address and then lists each person in the cabin and lets you check off the list to whom the card applies. Then there is a standard check box for allowing NCL to charge the folio charges to the listed card.

I would do a screen grab but am not sure how to "x" out the identifying info on the reservation itself (i.e. names, cabin #, etc.).

We don't sail until March, 2019, on the Bliss and the option is already on our online check-in section. It is number "4 of 5. Onboard Payment Preferences". It gives a choice of credit, debit or cash. Next gives a place to enter the card information. Then Billing address and then lists each person in the cabin and lets you check off the list to whom the card applies. Then there is a standard check box for allowing NCL to charge the folio charges to the listed card.

I would do a screen grab but am not sure how to "x" out the identifying info on the reservation itself (i.e. names, cabin #, etc.).

On my, step 4 of 5 is arrival time. In order, it's personal information / contact information / proof of citizenship / arrival time / ticket contract.

Maybe it'll show up, or maybe they're just not doing it in NYC.

On my, step 4 of 5 is arrival time. In order, it's personal information / contact information / proof of citizenship / arrival time / ticket contract.

Maybe it'll show up, or maybe they're just not doing it in NYC.

Can't comment on why the difference but ours shows:

1 of 5. Personal Information

2 of 5. Contact Information

3 of 5. Proof of Citizenship

4 of 5. Onboard Payment Preferences

5 of 5. Ticket Contract

So having spotted this new section (We still only have 4) we have already run into a minor problem. When entering credit card holder name it only allows you to select from a dropdown menu containing the people on the reservation. One of our party has their booking in their maiden name and their credit card in their married name, so cannot input the card details. Most times you would be allowed to type in the name on the card and then the details. After all it may be a gift from a family member etc.

I'm sure you'll still be able to register your credit card in the old way at the pier but I've asked our PCC for clarification.

Can't comment on why the difference but ours shows:

1 of 5. Personal Information

2 of 5. Contact Information

3 of 5. Proof of Citizenship

4 of 5. Onboard Payment Preferences

5 of 5. Ticket Contract

Ours has shown this for the past month for our Baltic cruise at the end of August. I noticed it only because I was looking at a shore excursion, and saw that our online checkin somehow went from 100% back to 75% completed. I added our credit card info, and we are back to 100% complete.

Check in for my Bermuda cruise next Friday was completed 100% and did go to 75%, it is back to 100%, but I have no option to register a CC online. They are probably piloting the online CC registration on selected sailings.