Oasis will move to Port Canaveral next year

I just read the announcement in Florida Today newspaper that RCCL will base the Oasis of the Seas at Port Canaveral next winter. This is great news for Port Canaveral. It recently built Terminal 1 to support an Oasis-class ship with the partnership of RCCL. This was bound to happen. The Oasis of the Seas replaces the popular but small Freedom of the Seas, which will move to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale.) The arrival of the Oasis will boost passenger figures at Port Canaveral.:)

Well, living near PC I am bittersweet about this news. Great to see Oasis come here but Freedom was a great ship (and it's not small!). I have very fond memories of Freedom as we took her on our 25th anniversary.

I just read the announcement in Florida Today newspaper that RCCL will base the Oasis of the Seas at Port Canaveral next winter. This is great news for Port Canaveral. It recently built Terminal 1 to support an Oasis-class ship with the partnership of RCCL. This was bound to happen. The Oasis of the Seas replaces the popular but small Freedom of the Seas, which will move to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale.) The arrival of the Oasis will boost passenger figures at Port Canaveral.:)

Freedom is smaller than Oasis, but I never thought of it as small :). I even get a kick when folks call the Enchantment "small". It is all relative.

Enjoy

M